* [ECOS] forwarded message from ilya kovnatsky
@ 2001-08-09 23:38 Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2001-08-09 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

To : "Jesper Skov" <jskov at redhat dot com>
Subject : Re: 22781
From : "ilya kovnatsky" <ilya at ptgroupinc dot com>
Date : Thu, 9 Aug 2001 17:42:00 -0400

Thanks for the help, it was a not properly setup TLB.

New problem:

The code start running ( 2 threads each has a counter in a loop with a
delay) the counters get to 1
and then it sits in the idle loop.

There are no interupts occuring.

I manualy enabled the decrementer interupt and then both the counters got to
2 and stopped.

which interupt does the scheduler use ?
where in the code does it init the interupts to be used by the scheduler /
task switching?

thanks in advance.

Ilya

From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-08-10  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jesper Skov; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Jesper Skov wrote:

> Subject: Re: 22781
> Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 17:42:00 -0400
> From: "ilya kovnatsky" <ilya@ptgroupinc.com>
> To: "Jesper Skov" <jskov@redhat.com>
>
> Thanks for the help, it was a not properly setup TLB.
>
> New problem:
>
> The code start running ( 2 threads each has a counter in a loop with a
> delay) the counters get to 1
> and then it sits in the idle loop.
>
> There are no interupts occuring.
>
> I manualy enabled the decrementer interupt and then both the counters got to
> 2 and stopped.
>
> which interupt does the scheduler use ?

The decrementer.

> where in the code does it init the interupts to be used by the scheduler /
> task switching?

Cyg_Scheduler::start() enables the interrupts (although in the very next
CVS update, this will be done indirectly withing HAL_THREAD_LOAD_CONTEXT).
This is in kernel/VERSION/src/sched/sched.cxx. The clock interrupt gets
unmasked in kernel/VERSION/src/common/clock.cxx

Jifl