* [ECOS] Repository updating
@ 2001-08-12  9:32 Trenton D. Adams
From: Trenton D. Adams @ 2001-08-12  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'eCos Disuss'

Let's say I have a driver that I'm making.  What happens if I use the
cvs tool to run an update on my eCos repository.  Will it screw up the
ecos.db and my driver?  Or will it simply add appropriate entries into
the ecos.db and leave my driver alone?  What about modifications to
header files that I have made in the rest of the eCos repository?

* Re: [ECOS] Repository updating
@ 2001-08-12 12:59 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-08-12 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trenton D. Adams; +Cc: 'eCos Disuss'

"Trenton D. Adams" wrote:

> Let's say I have a driver that I'm making.  What happens if I use the
> cvs tool to run an update on my eCos repository.  Will it screw up the
> ecos.db and my driver?  Or will it simply add appropriate entries into
> the ecos.db and leave my driver alone?  What about modifications to
> header files that I have made in the rest of the eCos repository?

CVS will merge changes in a (text) file. It will complain however if
changes are made to the same area within that file. If that happens you
will get a conflict (and the cvs update will tell you so). This will then
leave markers in the file for you to resolve by hand. 90% of the time you
won't need to do this though. See the Cederqvist CVS manual (
http://www.cvshome.org/ ) for more.

Jifl