* [ECOS] Portable for ARM....
@ 2001-08-13  2:43 pradeep
From: pradeep @ 2001-08-13  2:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hello,

            I am right now working on Linkup 7200  which has ARM 720T
processor,  can I know the support for ecos on  ARM 720T.

Thanks,

Pradeep

* Re: [ECOS] Portable for ARM....
@ 2001-08-13 10:15 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-08-13 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pradeep; +Cc: ecos-discuss

pradeep wrote:

>             I am right now working on Linkup 7200  which has ARM 720T
> processor,  can I know the support for ecos on  ARM 720T.

eCos has a port to the Cirrus Logic EP7211, which has an ARM 720T core. If
you would be interested in contracting Red Hat to port to your board for
you (and providing supported tested tools, and technical support, or
potentially training), we could do that. Mail <ecos-info@redhat.com> if so!

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] Portable for ARM....
@ 2001-08-16  0:06   ` pradeep
From: pradeep @ 2001-08-16  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour, ecos-discuss

Hello ,

            This sounds interesting ,  what is the size of  Kernel image
(including  the bootloader)  and the applications developed around
it very minimal  with a email client for example without a browser.

Thanks ,

Pradeep

Jonathan Larmour wrote:

> pradeep wrote:
> >
> >             I am right now working on Linkup 7200  which has ARM 720T
> > processor,  can I know the support for ecos on  ARM 720T.
>
> eCos has a port to the Cirrus Logic EP7211, which has an ARM 720T core. If
> you would be interested in contracting Red Hat to port to your board for
> you (and providing supported tested tools, and technical support, or
> potentially training), we could do that. Mail <ecos-info@redhat.com> if so!
>
> Jifl
> --
> Red Hat, Rustat House, Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. Tel: +44 (1223) 271062
> Maybe this world is another planet's Hell -Aldous Huxley || Opinions==mine

* Re: [ECOS] Portable for ARM....
@ 2001-08-16 16:16     ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-08-16 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pradeep; +Cc: ecos-discuss

pradeep wrote:

>             This sounds interesting ,  what is the size of  Kernel image
> (including  the bootloader)  and the applications developed around
> it very minimal  with a email client for example without a browser.

We don't have an e-mail client or browser as part of eCos. That's
application stuff! We've worked with people like ANT (
http://www.ant.co.uk/ and
http://www.ant.co.uk/cust_part_partners.html#redhat ) who have done that
type of stuff for eCos in the past though. But I wouldn't know the sizing.

Jifl