* [ECOS] The redboot program
@ 2001-08-17  0:33 jwchang
From: jwchang @ 2001-08-17  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

 Hi all
     I have made the redboot (boot from floppy),under windows I connect the target board via COM1 , start the hyperterm ,the window display the "redboot>",type the command available,all be normally,
    But under linux  I use insight 5.0,I set target as remote/serial,38400,/dev/ttyS0,and with a NULL modem cable(just same as i do under windows98),The host cannot communicate with the target board,the gdb console window display "Ignoring package error....."and can not estabolish the connection.
    I wonder whether under linux the gdb and insight should  have special setting ,otherwise I had compiled the insight from source in a wrong
way ? I just download the source of insight-5.0,and make it without giving any "patch".Please tell me all those I would be more thankful!
                                                                          BEST REGARD
                                                                                                           jwchang@iwncomm.com
                                                                                                                                         2001.8.17

* [ECOS] The redboot program