* [ECOS] Where can I get the configuration file for the Compaq IPAQ redboot package.
@ 2001-08-21 22:17 Wong Yee Peng
From: Wong Yee Peng @ 2001-08-21 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,
    I am currently looking into the redboot for the Compaq iPAQ 3600. I
wanted to customise the bootloader for my own purpose. I tried using the
ipaq template in the configtool but it seems that the template does not
reflect exactly the configuration in the current redboot rom image. Can
anyone tell me where can I get the ecc file (if any) for that installation
so that I can start with it?

Regards
Yee Peng

* Re: [ECOS] Where can I get the configuration file for the Compaq IPAQ redboot package.
@ 2001-08-21 22:21 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-08-21 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wong Yee Peng; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Wong Yee Peng wrote:

> Hi,
>     I am currently looking into the redboot for the Compaq iPAQ 3600. I
> wanted to customise the bootloader for my own purpose. I tried using the
> ipaq template in the configtool but it seems that the template does not
> reflect exactly the configuration in the current redboot rom image. Can
> anyone tell me where can I get the ecc file (if any) for that installation
> so that I can start with it?

As described in the RedBoot documentation (off of
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/ ), you should import a "minimal
configuration file", i.e. a .ecm file which you will find in
hal/arm/sa11x0/ipaq/current/misc/

Read the documentation for which to use.

Jifl

* RE: [ECOS] Where can I get the configuration file for the Compaq
@ 2001-08-22  7:06 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2001-08-22  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wong Yee Peng; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On 22-Aug-2001 Wong Yee Peng wrote:
> Hi,
>     I am currently looking into the redboot for the Compaq iPAQ 3600. I
> wanted to customise the bootloader for my own purpose. I tried using the
> ipaq template in the configtool but it seems that the template does not
> reflect exactly the configuration in the current redboot rom image. Can
> anyone tell me where can I get the ecc file (if any) for that installation
> so that I can start with it?

% ecosconfig new ipaq redboot
% ecosconfig import ${ECOS_REPOSITORY}/hal/arm/sa11x0/ipaq/current/redboot_ROM.ecm
% ecosconfig tree
% make

Exactly what/how do you want to extend RedBoot?  Is there something missing?
Is this something that you might share with other RedBoot users?

* Re: [ECOS] Where can I get the configuration file for the Compaq
@ 2001-08-22 18:29   ` Wong Yee Peng
From: Wong Yee Peng @ 2001-08-22 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Thanks.
I want to change the ethernet nic driver to a wireless one. I also want to
add driver support for compact flash memory or the microdrive.

Regards
Yee Peng

@ 2001-08-22 18:44     ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2001-08-22 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wong Yee Peng; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On 23-Aug-2001 Wong Yee Peng wrote:
> Thanks.
> I want to change the ethernet nic driver to a wireless one. I also want to
> add driver support for compact flash memory or the microdrive.

Those both sound like laudible goals.  Do you have any plans on contributing
the work back to the RedBoot project?

@ 2001-08-22 19:09       ` Wong Yee Peng
From: Wong Yee Peng @ 2001-08-22 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: ecos-discuss

That will be fine. But how? Thru putting my work on the CVS?

Yee Peng

@ 2001-08-23  3:37         ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2001-08-23  3:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wong Yee Peng; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On 23-Aug-2001 Wong Yee Peng wrote:
> That will be fine. But how? Thru putting my work on the CVS?

More or less.  You get it working and then send us the code and we'll
incorporate it.  For more details, see:
  http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/faq.html#contrib_how

Thanks.