* [ECOS] cc1plus.exe: warning: -fvtable-gc is no longer supported
@ 2001-11-07 23:58 Patrick Otto
From: Patrick Otto @ 2001-11-07 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi
What does it mean for the building? Are there any following errors as
reaction of this warning?

ciao..
Patrick
mail: pepperpino@web.de
ICQ:57446087

* Re: [ECOS] cc1plus.exe: warning: -fvtable-gc is no longer supported
@ 2001-11-08 14:16 ` Robin Farine
From: Robin Farine @ 2001-11-08 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

"Patrick Otto" <pepperpino@web.de> writes:

> Hi
> What does it mean for the building? Are there any following errors as
> reaction of this warning?

No, exactly the reverse, when gcc makes use of this option *then* you get
problems :-D. If your gcc version really doesn't support it, you're on the
safe side.

Robin

* RE: [ECOS] cc1plus.exe: warning: -fvtable-gc is no longer supported
@ 2001-11-09  0:39 ` Jon Hartley
From: Jon Hartley @ 2001-11-09  0:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Otto, ecos-discuss

-fvtable-gc is the only virtual method calling implementation that worked
for me under ecos (other methods seemed to generate null pointers to the
v-functions). So I guess this is a concern!

Jon.

* [ECOS] how to direct printf to the serial console
@ 2001-11-09  0:40   ` Andrew Xiang
From: Andrew Xiang @ 2001-11-09  0:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ecos-discuss

I am running the assabet, the debugger is working, but is there any way
to direct the printf statements to the serial console?  so I can load
the image from redboot and run it from serial console and it shows me
the printf statements? without the debugger.

thanks

Andrew

* Re: [ECOS] cc1plus.exe: warning: -fvtable-gc is no longer supported
@ 2001-11-09 16:54   ` Martin Buck
From: Martin Buck @ 2001-11-09 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Jon Hartley wrote:
> -fvtable-gc is the only virtual method calling implementation that worked
> for me under ecos (other methods seemed to generate null pointers to the
> v-functions). So I guess this is a concern!

-fvtable-gc shouldn't change the way virtual methods are called, it's
supposed to throw away method implementations that are *not* called. But
it looks like it sometimes throws away more than it should.

Patrick: Which gcc are you using? IIRC, the option was removed for gcc
3.0 and the re-added later on.

Martin

* Re: [ECOS] cc1plus.exe: warning: -fvtable-gc is no longer supported
@ 2001-11-12  5:29 Patrick Otto
From: Patrick Otto @ 2001-11-12  5:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

well i am using gcc 3.0. but since i read in an other article that gcc 3.0
isn't supported yet, i think i will try using gcc2.96..

ciao..
Patrick
mail: pepperpino@web.de
ICQ:57446087