* [ECOS] linker problem
@ 2002-03-25  4:49 Tom Coremans
From: Tom Coremans @ 2002-03-25  4:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos users

Hi,

when I compile and link my program for arm I get an error:

arm-elf/bin/ld: warning: no memory region specified for section
`.eh_frame'
arm-elf/bin/ld: section .eh_frame [000733a0 -> 00073de3] overlaps
section .text [00020040 -> 000f132b]

When I compile and link the same program for the synthetic target and
don`t get those errors.
I am using binutils 2.11 and gcc version 2.95.3

Does anybody has an idea to fix this,

thanks,

tom

* Re: [ECOS] linker problem
@ 2002-04-03 20:06 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2002-04-03 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Coremans; +Cc: eCos users

Tom Coremans wrote:

> Hi,
>
> when I compile and link my program for arm I get an error:
>
> arm-elf/bin/ld: warning: no memory region specified for section
> `.eh_frame'
> arm-elf/bin/ld: section .eh_frame [000733a0 -> 00073de3] overlaps
> section .text [00020040 -> 000f132b]
>
> When I compile and link the same program for the synthetic target and
> don`t get those errors.
> I am using binutils 2.11 and gcc version 2.95.3
>
> Does anybody has an idea to fix this,

I think that only happens with eCos 1.3.1 - switch to anon cvs.

Jifl

* [ECOS] Linker problem
@ 2001-10-16  4:11 Chandra Sekhar G
From: Chandra Sekhar G @ 2001-10-16  4:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

   Recently we added the net package to an old version of ecos.  We
added isoinfra package also.  Earlier our application along with the
ecos was working fine.  After we added the net and isoinfra packages,
sigill exception is being raised in a memory allocation function.  The
reason for this is, two static data items were overlaping in memory.
There is a handle in the 'support.c' file.  It is 'net_mem'.  There is
another data item called 'ifnet' in some other file.  The variable ifnet
(it is a structure of two pointers) is allocated memory at location
0x0203652C and size is 8 bytes.  The handle net_mem is allocated at
0x02036530 and its size is 4 bytes.  It seems, a linker problem.

   Any idea, please, to get out of this problem?

Thanks,
chandra