* [ECOS] Configuration Scripts
@ 2002-04-04 11:40 Charles Schweizer
From: Charles Schweizer @ 2002-04-04 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

  I would like to add my own scheduler implementation(s) and allow the
Configtool to select among them.  The trick appears to be editing the *.cdl
configuration data scripts.  This looks pretty self explanatory.  What I
need to know is, after editing, how do I run the scripts so the Configtool
will update its database with the new configuration options?  I was hoping
it would do it automatically when I restarted it, but no such luck.

Thanks,
  Charles Schweizer

* Re: [ECOS] Configuration Scripts
@ 2002-04-04 11:53 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2002-04-04 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Schweizer; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Charles Schweizer wrote:

>   I would like to add my own scheduler implementation(s) and allow the
> Configtool to select among them.  The trick appears to be editing the *.cdl
> configuration data scripts.  This looks pretty self explanatory.  What I
> need to know is, after editing, how do I run the scripts so the Configtool
> will update its database with the new configuration options?  I was hoping
> it would do it automatically when I restarted it, but no such luck.

It will only take notice when it knows something has changed. You could
force a change by modifying your stored configuration and saving that. Your
new changes should then appear the next time you restart.

The config tool isn't optimized for use by CDL package writers.

Jifl