* [ECOS] Insight - cygwin - loading into a PowerPC target
@ 2003-04-11 13:34 chandrag
From: chandrag @ 2003-04-11 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hello,

  I am trying to use Insight to debug a PowerPC program.  There are no load
and connect options in the run menu (as in the case of Linux version) of the
Insight window.  But target settings option is there.  How to load and run
an image into a PowerPC target, using Insight in Windows 2000 Professional
desktop?

Thanks in advance,
chandra

* Re: [ECOS] Insight - cygwin - loading into a PowerPC target
@ 2003-04-11 21:20 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2003-04-11 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chandrag; +Cc: ecos-discuss

chandrag@danlawinc.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I am trying to use Insight to debug a PowerPC program.  There are no load
> and connect options in the run menu (as in the case of Linux version) of the
> Insight window.  But target settings option is there.  How to load and run
> an image into a PowerPC target, using Insight in Windows 2000 Professional
> desktop?

Well, of course there's what is mentioned at:
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/user-guide/user-guide-installation-target.html

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/gnupro/GNUPro-Toolkit-02r1/ has some
stuff, but
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/gnupro/GNUPro-Toolkit-00r1/pdf/3_debug.pdf
  is more thorough about Insight (and GDB) in general, but still doesn't
really cover remote debugging.

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] Insight - Cygwin - loading into a PowerPC target
@ 2003-04-12 15:57 ` Iztok Zupet
From: Iztok Zupet @ 2003-04-12 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chandrag, ecos-discuss

On Saturday 12 April 2003 12:38, chandrag@danlawinc.com wrote:
> Hi
>
>   I could not get the info I need, from these links.
>
>   I am using Insight with Cygwin.  It seems that this version of Insight is
> for i686 targets.  I want to do remote debugging using Insight from Cygwin.
> I used to use the Insight from Linux.  There
> to debug a PowerPC target I used to use the program, powerpc-eabi-gdb.
> This opens the Insight window (in Linux).  The same command on Cygwin does
> not open Insight window, but starts a console debug session.

If You are using the eCos 2.0 beta tools then the correct command for starting
Insight in windowed mode is "powerpc-eabi-gdb -w".

Regards
iz

* RE: [ECOS] Insight - Cygwin - loading into a PowerPC target
@ 2003-04-12 10:42 chandrag
From: chandrag @ 2003-04-12 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi

  I could not get the info I need, from these links.

  I am using Insight with Cygwin.  It seems that this version of Insight is
for i686 targets.  I want to do remote debugging using Insight from Cygwin.
I used to use the Insight from Linux.  There
to debug a PowerPC target I used to use the program, powerpc-eabi-gdb.  This
opens the Insight window (in Linux).  The same command on Cygwin does not
open Insight window, but starts a console debug session.

  Is there an Insight that works for PowerPC from Cygwin?

Or

  Is there any graphical remote debugging tool for PowerPC targets on
Cygwin?

Thanks in advance,
chandra