* [ECOS] About Call-pending-DSRs
@ 2001-03-28 19:08 windy
From: windy @ 2001-03-28 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Referring to eCos Interrupt Model in eCos document , it allow irq recur when call DSR.
But in ARM implement code(vector.s), I found the irq haven't be re-enable immediately
after calling isr handle. if enable MACRO CYGIMP_HAL_COMMON_INTERRUPTS_USE_INTERRUPT_STACK,
ECOS will enable irq and call dsr continue,if we haven't enable this MACRO,ecos will call
dsr directly without enabling irq.
What if I enable irq directly after calling isr handle?

Best Regards
 Windy

* Re: [ECOS] About Call-pending-DSRs
       [not found] <200103290310.TAA20885@cygnus.com>
@ 2001-03-29 19:27 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-03-29 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: windy; +Cc: ecos-discuss, Gary Thomas, Mark Salter

windy wrote:

> Referring to eCos Interrupt Model in eCos document , it allow irq recur when call DSR.
> But in ARM implement code(vector.s), I found the irq haven't be re-enable immediately
> after calling isr handle. if enable MACRO CYGIMP_HAL_COMMON_INTERRUPTS_USE_INTERRUPT_STACK,
> ECOS will enable irq and call dsr continue,if we haven't enable this MACRO,ecos will call
> dsr directly without enabling irq.
> What if I enable irq directly after calling isr handle?

Then you can keep on getting more interrupts, and those will mount up on
the thread stack.

But admittedly this seems unavoidable if not using a separate interrupt
stack, so it may indicate a bug that it doesn't enable interrupts anyway.
Gary? Mark?

Jifl