* [ECOS] CYGBLD_ISO_ERRNO_CODES_HEADER problem
@ 2001-08-10 22:36 Trenton D. Adams
From: Trenton D. Adams @ 2001-08-10 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'eCos Disuss'

CYGPKG_ERROR says it requires this.  What is it, and how do I add it?  I
found it in "isoinfra\current\include\errno.h".  That doesn't help me
any though.  I was looking through isoinfra.cdl and found it, but the
display description is not listed anywhere in the windows config tool
packages!

* Re: [ECOS] CYGBLD_ISO_ERRNO_CODES_HEADER problem
@ 2001-08-12  8:44 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-08-12  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trenton D. Adams; +Cc: 'eCos Disuss'

"Trenton D. Adams" wrote:

> CYGPKG_ERROR says it requires this.  What is it, and how do I add it?

The inference engine should resolve this by default. Does it not? If you
are using the GUI tool, make sure you are using the latest version, either
from the CT 1 series (v1.3.1.3) or CT 2 (v2.04) as there was an inference
engine bug for earlier versions.

> found it in "isoinfra\current\include\errno.h".  That doesn't help me
> any though.  I was looking through isoinfra.cdl and found it, but the
> display description is not listed anywhere in the windows config tool
> packages!

It is in the isoinfra CDL under "Error handling". You can just set it to
"<cyg/error/codes.h>" which is what it should be.

Jifl

* RE: [ECOS] CYGBLD_ISO_ERRNO_CODES_HEADER problem
@ 2001-08-12  9:32   ` Trenton D. Adams
From: Trenton D. Adams @ 2001-08-12  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Jonathan Larmour'; +Cc: 'eCos Disuss'

No, it doesn't resolve it automagically.  It says that there's no
solution for the conflict.  I'm using 2.04 of the GUI tool.

I don't understand what you mean by set it to "<cyg/error/codes.h>"

If I set default_value to anything other than 0, it has an error when I
start the config tool.  I assume that's because it's of flavor booldata.

    cdl_component CYGPKG_ISO_ERRNO {
        display       "Error handling"
        flavor        none
        no_define

        cdl_interface CYGINT_ISO_ERRNO_CODES {
            display       "Number of implementations of error codes"
            requires      { 1 >= CYGINT_ISO_ERRNO_CODES }
        }

        cdl_option CYGBLD_ISO_ERRNO_CODES_HEADER {
            display       "Error codes implementation header"
            flavor        booldata
            default_value 0
        }

        cdl_interface CYGINT_ISO_ERRNO {
            display       "Number of implementations of errno variable"
            requires      { 1 >= CYGINT_ISO_ERRNO }
        }

        cdl_option CYGBLD_ISO_ERRNO_HEADER {
            display       "errno variable implementation header"
            flavor        booldata
            default_value 0

--
Red Hat, Rustat House, Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. Tel: +44 (1223)
271062 Maybe this world is another planet's Hell -Aldous Huxley ||

* Re: [ECOS] CYGBLD_ISO_ERRNO_CODES_HEADER problem
@ 2001-08-12 10:23     ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-08-12 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trenton D. Adams; +Cc: 'eCos Disuss'

"Trenton D. Adams" wrote:

> No, it doesn't resolve it automagically.  It says that there's no
> solution for the conflict.  I'm using 2.04 of the GUI tool.

That sounds like a bug then, or..... it occurs to me: is the isoinfra
package (CYGPKG_ISOINFRA) in your configuration at all? If not, you must
have explicitly unloaded it because it is in all the templates by default.

> I don't understand what you mean by set it to "<cyg/error/codes.h>"

Set the CYGBLD_ISO_ERRNO_CODES_HEADER option to "<cyg/error/codes.h>" in
the config tool. But this option won't exist if you haven't got the
isoinfra package in your config.

Jifl

* RE: [ECOS] CYGBLD_ISO_ERRNO_CODES_HEADER problem
@ 2001-08-13  8:19       ` Trenton D. Adams
From: Trenton D. Adams @ 2001-08-13  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Jonathan Larmour'; +Cc: 'eCos Disuss'

Sorry about that, I think I was getting confused between the two tools.
1.3.1.2 has this BUG as you said in another message, but 2.04 does not.
I keep forgetting that YELLOW = NEW and RED=old.  Maybe I'm color blind
or something.

I apologize for the confusion.  Anyhow, I've learnt a lot about building
eCos and the way it's layed out doing this anyhow so that's a good
thing! :)

@ 2001-08-13  9:32         ` Julian Smart
From: Julian Smart @ 2001-08-13  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trenton D. Adams, 'eCos Disuss'

At 09:18 AM 8/13/01 -0600, Trenton D. Adams wrote:
>Sorry about that, I think I was getting confused between the two tools.
>1.3.1.2 has this BUG as you said in another message, but 2.04 does not.
>I keep forgetting that YELLOW = NEW and RED=old.  Maybe I'm color blind
>or something.

:-) I used a different colour icon in case I confused myself when running
both simultaneously...

>I apologize for the confusion.  Anyhow, I've learnt a lot about building
>eCos and the way it's layed out doing this anyhow so that's a good
>thing! :)

Good, and at least that's one bug I don't have to worry about...

Regards,

Julian

--
Red Hat UK Ltd, Unit 200 Rustat House, 62 Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. CB1
7EG Tel: +44 (1223) 271063