* RE: [ECOS] net-1.0b1.epk is corrupt?
       [not found] <8F1D166D08ACD41196EE00B0D020944B2B4426@CTSINENTSXUB>
@ 2000-11-27  7:09 ` Lewin A.R.W. Edwards
From: Lewin A.R.W. Edwards @ 2000-11-27  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Narayanan, Anita (CTS); +Cc: ecos-discuss

> > Has anyone managed to install the TCP/IP stack? I've downloaded the file a
> > couple of times now, but when I try to install it, I get a message box
> > with the following:

 >Were you able to install the TCP/IP package?  I too am trying to do the
same but i >get the same error. Seems like the file is corrupted.

Hi Anita,

I have not been able to get the config tool to install the .epk. I think it
is something to do with mount points being in text mode.

If I manually mv net-1.0b1.epk net.tar.gz then gunzip net.tar.gz then tar
xvf net.tar, I get the source tree, so the file itself is OK. I think it
will probably work if I copy the sources into the ecos sources directory
and append the package.db or whatever it is to the existing db file.

I don't have a very high level of confidence that any of this is going to
actually work, however, because I don't 100% trust that I have the
toolchain built correctly (the instructions on sources.redhat.com are
simply wrong for ARM Thumb and so the tools I have are for regular ARM
without thumb). I'm still waiting for my eval board to arrive, so I'm
sitting on my hands not able to do very much. Pretty well guaranteed I am
going to miss prototype deadline now, which means nowhere near as much 2001
CES exposure :(

Not very happy right now :(

Surely there is someone else in the universe using eCOS on Cirrus Logic
ARM7T platform?

Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Got any Commodore 16 or VIC-20 hardware, cartridges, tapes?
Visit http://www.larwe.com/vintage/
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

* Re: [ECOS] net-1.0b1.epk is corrupt?
@ 2000-12-05 19:52   ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-12-05 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lewin A.R.W. Edwards; +Cc: Narayanan, Anita (CTS), ecos-discuss

"Lewin A.R.W. Edwards" wrote:
> I have not been able to get the config tool to install the .epk. I think it
> is something to do with mount points being in text mode.

Hmm.... that's interesting and entirely possible. Can anyone confirm?

> If I manually mv net-1.0b1.epk net.tar.gz then gunzip net.tar.gz then tar
> xvf net.tar, I get the source tree, so the file itself is OK. I think it
> will probably work if I copy the sources into the ecos sources directory
> and append the package.db or whatever it is to the existing db file.
>
> I don't have a very high level of confidence that any of this is going to
> actually work, however, because I don't 100% trust that I have the
> toolchain built correctly (the instructions on sources.redhat.com are
> simply wrong for ARM Thumb and so the tools I have are for regular ARM
> without thumb).

I thought I had updated the instructions?

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] net-1.0b1.epk is corrupt?
@ 2000-12-07  0:09 Fano Ramparany
From: Fano Ramparany @ 2000-12-07  0:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: eCos Disuss

>> I had no problem downloading net-1.0b1.epk from Red Hat site,
>> opening it with the windows ecos package manager, adding and
compiling
>> it with the eCos configurator, and compiling the accompanying tests.
>> I didn't run the tests yet although...
>> My host is Win95, and I use the regular ARM toolchain (no thumb).
>
> Do you know whether you saved it in a location that is mounted in
cygwin as
> type "text"?

Yes  I did (if you refer to the "mount c: c/" command).

Fano

* Re: [ECOS] net-1.0b1.epk is corrupt?
@ 2000-12-06 12:46     ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-12-06 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lewin A.R.W. Edwards; +Cc: Fano.Ramparany, eCos Disuss

"Lewin A.R.W. Edwards" wrote:

> >Do you know whether you saved it in a location that is mounted in cygwin as
> >type "text"?
>
> Isn't there another issue here, the virtual path given by the config tool
> when it accesses the files?
>
> On my system, the mounts are something like
> / C:\CYGWIN binmode
> /c c:\ textmode  <<<---- for sources
>
> So if I put my epk in / (according to cygwin), then the config tool will be
> accessing it in binary mode if it uses /net-1.0b1.epk or in text mode if it
> uses /c/cygwin/net-1.0b1.epk.
>
> Confusing! Or do I misunderstand how cygwin works with conflicts like this?

Indeed so. Things could be a lot easier if we didn't have to support NT
users editting eCos source files with editors that don't support LFs
without CRs (like Notepad!).

But we mustn't forget the possibility that your problem is because of some
quirk with win 98. Your problem is not a commonly reported one. So I want
to find out the actual cause if possible.

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] net-1.0b1.epk is corrupt?
@ 2000-12-06 12:44   ` Lewin A.R.W. Edwards
From: Lewin A.R.W. Edwards @ 2000-12-06 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour, Fano.Ramparany; +Cc: eCos Disuss

@ 2000-12-06 11:15 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-12-06 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fano.Ramparany; +Cc: eCos Disuss

@ 2000-12-06  0:40 Fano Ramparany
From: Fano Ramparany @ 2000-12-06  0:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Disuss

> From: Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour@cygnus.co.uk>
>  To: "Lewin A.R.W. Edwards" <larwe@larwe.com>
>CC: "Narayanan, Anita (CTS)" <Nanita@DBSS.COM>,
ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com

>"Lewin A.R.W. Edwards" wrote:
>> I have not been able to get the config tool to install the .epk. I
think it
>> is something to do with mount points being in text mode.
>
>Hmm.... that's interesting and entirely possible. Can anyone confirm?

I had no problem downloading net-1.0b1.epk from Red Hat site,
opening it with the windows ecos package manager, adding and compiling
it with the eCos configurator, and compiling the accompanying tests.
I didn't run the tests yet although...
My host is Win95, and I use the regular ARM toolchain (no thumb).

Fano

* [ECOS] net-1.0b1.epk is corrupt?
@ 2000-11-14 12:15 ` Lewin A.R.W. Edwards
From: Lewin A.R.W. Edwards @ 2000-11-14 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos

Has anyone managed to install the TCP/IP stack? I've downloaded the file a
couple of times now, but when I try to install it, I get a message box with
the following:

extracting pkgadd.db:
/usr/bin/tar.exe: Skipping to next file header
/usr/bin/tar.exe: Skipping to next file header
/usr/bin/tar.exe: Skipping to next file header
/usr/bin/tar.exe: Skipping to next file header
/usr/bin/tar.exe: Skipping to next file header
/usr/bin/tar.exe: Archive - EOF not on block boundary
/usr/bin/tar.exe: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

Has anyone got these errors before? I'm using the graphical configuration
tool for Win32.