From: "Lewin A.R.W. Edwards" <larwe@larwe.com>
To: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ECOS] ROM startup on EBD7212
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 06:15:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hi Wolfram,

>   Because I don't know what SHOULD happen at your board after power up (i.e.
>   some outputs via printf) I'm not sure about the relevance of the above

At the very least, the diagnostic "alive!" LED should light up. If my code
is running, the LCD should also light up and start displaying JPEGs loaded
off the SmartMedia slot :)

>   --change-addresses=0xFBFF4000 --strip-debug foo foo.img'; the exact

The flash tool for my board is just a dumb loader, but I don't think it
should be necessary for me to do any relocing because the flash origin on
my board is 0x00000000. I will check this however.

>- some other things are related with the AEB bootloader program; I wrote my

My program is totally standalone, it _is_ the bootloader on my board :)))

Thanks for the suggestions, I will particularly look at the objcopy step.

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein,
Nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."