* [ECOS] configtool 1.3.1.2 not working?
@ 2001-02-06  8:23 Lewin A.R.W. Edwards
From: Lewin A.R.W. Edwards @ 2001-02-06  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

To see what's going on in the world of networking, I downloaded the latest
CVS of eCos the other day, and the latest configtool. All seems fine (and
it seems to be more stable than the 1.3.1 tool) _except_ that I can't build
from within the config tool. The application just hangs when I select Build
- Library (no errors).

I tried going back to the old 1.3.1 repository and that also fails in the
same way, so it's definitely a problem in the config tool.
=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein,
Nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."

* Re: [ECOS] configtool 1.3.1.2 not working?
@ 2001-02-06  9:37 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-02-06  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lewin A.R.W. Edwards; +Cc: ecos-discuss

"Lewin A.R.W. Edwards" wrote:

> To see what's going on in the world of networking, I downloaded the latest
> CVS of eCos the other day, and the latest configtool. All seems fine (and
> it seems to be more stable than the 1.3.1 tool) _except_ that I can't build
> from within the config tool. The application just hangs when I select Build
> - Library (no errors).

All I can say is that it works for me :-/. Is this Windows 95/98?

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] configtool 1.3.1.2 not working?
@ 2001-02-06  9:45   ` Lewin A.R.W. Edwards
From: Lewin A.R.W. Edwards @ 2001-02-06  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hello Jonathan,

> > from within the config tool. The application just hangs when I select Build
> > - Library (no errors).
>
>All I can say is that it works for me :-/. Is this Windows 95/98?

NTWS 4, P2-400, 128Mb RAM. I just tried it on my own 98 workstation, and it
does the same thing. I thought it might have just been thinking (no
noticeable disk access), but I left it for 10 minutes and it still didn't
do anything. Is it worth me installing Win2k on a machine here to test it,
do you think?

[Are you beginning to believe me when I say that I am infested by personal
demons? ;)]

Anyhow, is it possible to use the command-line tools under Windows? If I
use the graphical tool to create my .ecc then run ecosconfig tree (after
setting repository correctly), it doesn't work; I get an error for every
single package saying that there isn't a valid version directory for it.
(thinks: WHOA! Maybe that is what is happening in the background and making
the graphical tool seem to hang. I've tried these new configtool/ecosconfig
both on the latest CVS and 1.3.1 trees, and the same result. I went back to
the old 1.3.1 Win tools for the moment).