* [ECOS] Dumb question about stubs
@ 2001-02-12 17:14 Lewin A.R.W. Edwards
From: Lewin A.R.W. Edwards @ 2001-02-12 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I'm still feeling my way around this new Linux toolchain.

I can (at last!!!!) compile the anoncvs sources of eCos. However, is it
necessary for me to compile and flash a new ROM monitor in order to load
apps built around the newer OS versions, or can I continue to use the 1.3.1
monitor?

Thanks...
=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein,
Nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."

* Re: [ECOS] Dumb question about stubs
@ 2001-02-12 20:25 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-02-12 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lewin A.R.W. Edwards; +Cc: ecos-discuss

"Lewin A.R.W. Edwards" wrote:

> I'm still feeling my way around this new Linux toolchain.
>
> I can (at last!!!!) compile the anoncvs sources of eCos. However, is it
> necessary for me to compile and flash a new ROM monitor in order to load
> apps built around the newer OS versions, or can I continue to use the 1.3.1
> monitor?

The 1.3.1 monitor should still work, but you will not be able to properly
use the facilities of virtual vectors, if you will be wanting that support.

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] Dumb question about stubs
@ 2001-02-13  5:52   ` Lewin A.R.W. Edwards
From: Lewin A.R.W. Edwards @ 2001-02-13  5:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: ecos-discuss

> > I can (at last!!!!) compile the anoncvs sources of eCos. However, is it
> > necessary for me to compile and flash a new ROM monitor in order to load
> > apps built around the newer OS versions, or can I continue to use the 1.3.1
> > monitor?
>
>The 1.3.1 monitor should still work, but you will not be able to properly
>use the facilities of virtual vectors, if you will be wanting that support.

I don't want to use any of that stuff right now. Unfortunately when I link
with the current anoncvs, the resulting executable boots up but freezes
after running for a while. I think - haven't bp'd it yet - that it crashes
just before attempting to access the SmartMedia slot, maybe the memory map
has changed?