From: Randall Stewart <randall@lakerest.net>
To: Nick Garnett <nickg@ecoscentric.com>
Cc: Raghavendar Mani <raghav82@gmail.com>,
	ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com, randall@stewart.chicago.il.us,
	amassa@san.rr.com
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Porting SCTP to eCos
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 09:21:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Nick Garnett wrote:
> Raghavendar Mani <raghav82@gmail.com> writes:
>

>>hi,
>>    iam involved in the project of Proting SCTP to eCos
>>    Whether it is possible to include sctplib  a userland
>>implementation  on eCos.
>>when i enquired with SCTPLIB developers, they say
>>" sctplib should be portable if eCos supports raw sockets.Since ecos
>>has a FreeBSD network kernel you might consider to port the SCTP
>>stack, which is part of the KAME project".
>>
>>may i know which r raw sockets, ecos supports it.
>>Can i get a detail report Pl.
>

> eCos has support for raw sockets, it is currently used in the ping
> tests.
>
> The KAME project SCTP work provides an in-kernel implementation, but
> is for a later version of the BSD stack than we support. It would
> probably require a complete reimport of the BSD stack into eCos.

NicK:

That may or may not be true... KAME may be ahead of you but
the SCTP code also has an option for porting to an
older version of bsd that has an older KAME... You define
in your make:

  -DSCTP_BASE_FREEBSD

and then you can compile to a quite a bit older version of KAME. We
compile this way for older 4.x code as well as the newer
5.x code (which is also way out of date with the latest KAME).

So.. you might be able to give it a try this way if you are
interested I can send you a list of files that need some
changing and even possibly the files (depending on how old
your version is)...

Randall Stewart
803-345-0369 <or> 815-342-5222(cell)