* [ECOS] Porting SCTP to eCos
       [not found] ` <3b2187af03ada193c609ecb44d376857@micmac.franken.de>
@ 2005-05-20 10:44   ` Raghavendar Mani
From: Raghavendar Mani @ 2005-05-20 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss, randall, amassa

hi,
    iam involved in the project of Proting SCTP to eCos
    Whether it is possible to include sctplib  a userland
implementation  on eCos.
when i enquired with SCTPLIB developers, they say
" sctplib should be portable if eCos supports raw sockets.Since ecos
has a FreeBSD network kernel you might consider to port the SCTP
stack, which is part of the KAME project".

may i know which r raw sockets, ecos supports it.
Can i get a detail report Pl.

Wishes
Raghav

* Re: [ECOS] Porting SCTP to eCos
@ 2005-05-20 13:43     ` Nick Garnett
From: Nick Garnett @ 2005-05-20 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Raghavendar Mani; +Cc: ecos-discuss, randall, amassa

Raghavendar Mani <raghav82@gmail.com> writes:

> hi,
>     iam involved in the project of Proting SCTP to eCos
>     Whether it is possible to include sctplib  a userland
> implementation  on eCos.
> when i enquired with SCTPLIB developers, they say
> " sctplib should be portable if eCos supports raw sockets.Since ecos
> has a FreeBSD network kernel you might consider to port the SCTP
> stack, which is part of the KAME project".
>
> may i know which r raw sockets, ecos supports it.
> Can i get a detail report Pl.

eCos has support for raw sockets, it is currently used in the ping
tests.

The KAME project SCTP work provides an in-kernel implementation, but
is for a later version of the BSD stack than we support. It would
probably require a complete reimport of the BSD stack into eCos.

--
Nick Garnett                                     eCos Kernel Architect
http://www.ecoscentric.com                The eCos and RedBoot experts

* Re: [ECOS] Porting SCTP to eCos
@ 2005-05-23  9:21       ` Randall Stewart
From: Randall Stewart @ 2005-05-23  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Garnett; +Cc: Raghavendar Mani, ecos-discuss, randall, amassa

Nick Garnett wrote:
> Raghavendar Mani <raghav82@gmail.com> writes:
>

>>hi,
>>    iam involved in the project of Proting SCTP to eCos
>>    Whether it is possible to include sctplib  a userland
>>implementation  on eCos.
>>when i enquired with SCTPLIB developers, they say
>>" sctplib should be portable if eCos supports raw sockets.Since ecos
>>has a FreeBSD network kernel you might consider to port the SCTP
>>stack, which is part of the KAME project".
>>
>>may i know which r raw sockets, ecos supports it.
>>Can i get a detail report Pl.
>

> eCos has support for raw sockets, it is currently used in the ping
> tests.
>
> The KAME project SCTP work provides an in-kernel implementation, but
> is for a later version of the BSD stack than we support. It would
> probably require a complete reimport of the BSD stack into eCos.

NicK:

That may or may not be true... KAME may be ahead of you but
the SCTP code also has an option for porting to an
older version of bsd that has an older KAME... You define
in your make:

  -DSCTP_BASE_FREEBSD

and then you can compile to a quite a bit older version of KAME. We
compile this way for older 4.x code as well as the newer
5.x code (which is also way out of date with the latest KAME).

So.. you might be able to give it a try this way if you are
interested I can send you a list of files that need some
changing and even possibly the files (depending on how old
your version is)...

Randall Stewart
803-345-0369 <or> 815-342-5222(cell)

* Re: [ECOS] Porting SCTP to eCos
@ 2005-05-19  4:24 ` Nick Garnett
From: Nick Garnett @ 2005-05-19  4:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Raghavendar Mani; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Raghavendar Mani <raghav82@gmail.com> writes:

> hi
>    iam involoved in porting SCTP(stream control transmission protocol)
>    to eCos. inorder to include the SCTP into the N/w package of eCos
>    what procdures i need to follow. LKSCTP kernel implementation for
>    linux environment is avalaible. What constraints i have look in for
>    to implement it.
>    i hope to get valuable informations.

I doubt very much that you will be able to get LKSCTP to work in the
eCos TCP/IP stack. The eCos stack is based on FreeBSD, which is a
completely different implementation to the Linux stack.

There would also be licensing issues to consider.

While there are some SCTP patches for the FreeBSD stack, they are for
more recent versions that we have.

Your best approach would be to find a user-space SCTP implementation,
and port that to eCos.

--

@ 2005-05-18 23:13 Raghavendar Mani