* Re: Re: [ECOS] re: Reading flash config value from application
@ 2006-06-21 18:11 Andre-John Mas
From: Andre-John Mas @ 2006-06-21 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: St. Zarifakis, ajmas; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Trying that it gives me the output:

  fconfig test started
  ... done

Any suggestions?

Andre

@ 2006-06-22  9:21 ` St. Zarifakis
From: St. Zarifakis @ 2006-06-22  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ajmas; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Andre-John Mas wrote:

>Trying that it gives me the output:
>
>  fconfig test started
>  ... done
>
>Any suggestions?

Uhhh - not really. A few dumb questions though ...
Does issuing a Redboot command fconfig -l -n show the variables as
expected ?
Do you have the virtual vector interface enabled
(CYGINT_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_SUPPORT) ?

Stamatis

* [ECOS] Re: Reading flash config value from application
@ 2006-06-22 12:58 ` John Dallaway
From: John Dallaway @ 2006-06-22 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Andre-John Mas wrote:

> Just tried the code below and the 'CYGACC_CALL_IF_FLASH_CFG_OP'
> call returns false, just as in the code I had.
>
> Its possible as Thomas suggests that maybe I have code which does
> not match what Gary has. I am currrently using 2.0.51, I believe.

For the record, I can confirm that CYGACC_CALL_IF_FLASH_CFG_OP() is
working correctly on Adder II in eCosPro 2.0.51 for retrieval of the
RedBoot IP address.

John Dallaway
eCosCentric Limied

* Re: [ECOS] re: Reading flash config value from application
@ 2006-06-21 16:04 ` St. Zarifakis
From: St. Zarifakis @ 2006-06-21 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ajmas; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hi,

@ 2006-06-21 15:40 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2006-06-21 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ajmas; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 11:34 -0400, Andre-John Mas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just tried the code below and the 'CYGACC_CALL_IF_FLASH_CFG_OP'
> call returns false, just as in the code I had.
>
> Its possible as Thomas suggests that maybe I have code which does
> not match what Gary has. I am currrently using 2.0.51, I believe.

This version number only means something to eCosCentric.  It corresponds
to a pretty old version of eCos (around 2 years old).

I tested using the most up-to-date eCos from CVS.  It looks like
if you want this to work, you'll need to update your repository.

* [ECOS] re: Reading flash config value from application
@ 2006-06-21 15:34 Andre-John Mas
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Andre-John Mas @ 2006-06-21 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

Just tried the code below and the 'CYGACC_CALL_IF_FLASH_CFG_OP' call returns false, just as in the code I had.

Its possible as Thomas suggests that maybe I have code which does not match what Gary has. I am currrently using 2.0.51, I believe.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <cyg/kernel/kapi.h>
#include <cyg/hal/hal_if.h>
#include <network.h>

#define CONFIG_IP 5

int
main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
    unsigned long addr;

    if (CYGACC_CALL_IF_FLASH_CFG_OP(CYGNUM_CALL_IF_FLASH_CFG_GET,
                                    "bootp_my_ip",
                                    &addr,
                                    CONFIG_IP)) {
        diag_dump_buf(&addr, sizeof(addr));