* Re:  [ECOS] processor hangs at 'hal_mon_init'
@ 2006-06-28  7:27 bob.koninckx
From: bob.koninckx @ 2006-06-28  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rohit Pandita, Gary Thomas; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Most BDMs exploit the MPC555 hardware to step instruction by instruction, so I doubt that could be the cause of your problem. It is more likely that something is wrong with your configuration. Which startup type do you use (ROM or RAM), is CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR defined ? Do you have any idea where exactly in hal_mon_init things go wrong ? What's the contents of the different processor registers right before it locks up ? Does it actually lock up, or is a processor exception raised (e.g. illegal instruction or memory protection) that does not bring the processor back into BDM mode ?

Bob

@ 2006-06-28 19:47 ` Rohit Pandita
From: Rohit Pandita @ 2006-06-28 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: ecos-discuss

bob.koninckx@o-3s.com wrote:
> [...]
Hi,
- using ROM startup, CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR not included (RedBoot
set to behave as ROM monitor)
- error occurs at instruction 'STWU R0,0004(R4)' in hal_mon_init.
Before execution: R0=7C71 43A6, R4=FFFF FFFC
After: -no change-

Why is it trying to write to a ROM location (0000 0000) when VSR table
should be copied to RAM, if I understand correctly

- execution halts with a debugger msg 'waiting for a keystroke or
breakpoint'

I can send across the configuration(.ecc) file or anything else that
might help. Thanks in advance.

Rohit

>> --
>> Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos

Rohit Pandita
Graduate Student

Office:
    15, Akerman Hall
Mail address:
    107, Akerman Hall
    Department of Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics
    University of Minnesota
    110, Union Street S.E.
    Minneapolis, MN 55455
Tel: 1-612-625-6561
Fax: 1-612-625-1558

* Re: [ECOS] processor hangs at 'hal_mon_init'
@ 2006-06-29 21:28   ` Bob Koninckx
From: Bob Koninckx @ 2006-06-29 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rohit Pandita; +Cc: Gary Thomas, ecos-discuss

> Hi,
> - using ROM startup, CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR not included (RedBoot
> set to behave as ROM monitor)
> - error occurs at instruction 'STWU R0,0004(R4)' in hal_mon_init.
> Before execution: R0=7C71 43A6, R4=FFFF FFFC
> After: -no change-
>
> Why is it trying to write to a ROM location (0000 0000) when VSR table
> should be copied to RAM, if I understand correctly

That's what you have to find out. Probably your memory layout is not
correct or the memory controller is not configured correctly. Did you
initialize the memory controller ? (see e.g file ec555.S for an example
of how you should do this). Is your RAM supposed to be at address
0x00000000 ?

Bob

* Re: [ECOS] processor hangs at 'hal_mon_init'
@ 2006-07-03 17:42     ` Rohit Pandita
From: Rohit Pandita @ 2006-07-03 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bob.koninckx; +Cc: Gary Thomas, ecos-discuss

Hi Bob,
I've got it, the problem was with memory layout, it's working now.
Thanks for pointing in the right direction.
Can you also suggest where eCos compatible API/ libraries be found for
MIOS, TPU. Thanks.

Rohit

--

@ 2006-07-04  7:11 bob.koninckx
From: bob.koninckx @ 2006-07-04  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rohit Pandita, bob.koninckx; +Cc: Gary Thomas, ecos-discuss

>Hi Bob,
>I've got it, the problem was with memory layout, it's working now.
>Thanks for pointing in the right direction.

You're welcome :-)

>Can you also suggest where eCos compatible API/ libraries be found for
>MIOS, TPU. Thanks.

There aren't any. I used the TPU in the past for reading out an incremental encoder. If that's what you need, I'll see if I still have the code.

>Rohit

Bob

* Re: [ECOS] processor hangs at 'hal_mon_init'
@ 2006-06-27 21:37   ` Rohit Pandita
From: Rohit Pandita @ 2006-06-27 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: ecos-discuss

@ 2006-06-27 20:32 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2006-06-27 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rohit Pandita; +Cc: ecos-discuss

@ 2006-06-27 19:06 Rohit Pandita
From: Rohit Pandita @ 2006-06-27 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all,

While trying to singlestep through RedBoot in ROM (platform PhyCore555),
processor hangs at 'hal_mon_init' routine. Any clues would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Rohit