* [ECOS] editing  MLT files?
@ 2007-05-22 22:09 Ben Wu
From: Ben Wu @ 2007-05-22 22:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I'm creating a new board based of one of the XScale dev boards. I need
to modify the ECOS memory layout files, but there are nice big comments
saying :

// This is a generated file - do not edit

Can I safely ignore that comment if I'm only using using command line
tools? Is there a command line tool I should be using to generate the files?

Thanks.

-- Ben

---------------------------
Ben Wu
Design Engineer
email: bwu@changind.com
phone: (909) 596-7888
CHANG Industry, Inc.
1925 McKinley Ave. Suite F
La Verne, CA 91750

* Re: [ECOS] editing  MLT files?
@ 2007-05-22 22:23 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2007-05-22 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Wu; +Cc: ecos-discuss

* Re: [ECOS] editing  MLT files?
@ 2007-05-22 23:30   ` Ben Wu
From: Ben Wu @ 2007-05-22 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Great, thank you.

On another note, in the course of migrating our ECOS 1.3.1 based Redboot
to the newest ECOS sources, there is a configuration bit missing in
SDRAM register definitions located the hal_ixp425.h chip header file.

#define SDRAM_CONFIG_64MB          (1 << 5)

That line exists in the 1.3.1 based hal_ixp425.h file that we have - I
don't know if it was put in by one of our previous developers, but it is
a valid configuration bit listed in the datasheet (that we require) and
should logically located there. Who do I refer the fix request to?

Thanks.

-Ben

---------------------------
Ben Wu