* [ECOS] -finit-priority gcc option in global build options
@ 2007-08-07 19:55 Mike Sweeney
From: Mike Sweeney @ 2007-08-07 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

So the default global build options include a -finit-priority option.
I upgraded from gcc 3.2.1 so this option no longer exists. I
understand this option is no longer recognized by gcc, but I went back
to the manuals for the older versions of gcc on the GNU website, and
they don't have any mention of this option. What exactly did this
option do? It seems to not be documented.

Thanks.

* Re: [ECOS] -finit-priority gcc option in global build options
@ 2007-08-07 20:59 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2007-08-07 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Sweeney; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 03:55:19PM -0400, Mike Sweeney wrote:
> So the default global build options include a -finit-priority option.
> I upgraded from gcc 3.2.1 so this option no longer exists. I
> understand this option is no longer recognized by gcc, but I went back
> to the manuals for the older versions of gcc on the GNU website, and
> they don't have any mention of this option. What exactly did this
> option do? It seems to not be documented.

My packages/pkgconf/rules.mak

contains:

# GCC since 2.95 does -finit-priority by default so remove it from old HALs
CFLAGS := $(subst -finit-priority,,$(CFLAGS))

So the flag should not be making it to the gcc invocation.

   Andrew

* Re: [ECOS] -finit-priority gcc option in global build options
@ 2007-08-07 21:22   ` Mike Sweeney
From: Mike Sweeney @ 2007-08-07 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

On 8/7/07, Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 03:55:19PM -0400, Mike Sweeney wrote:
> > So the default global build options include a -finit-priority option.
> > I upgraded from gcc 3.2.1 so this option no longer exists. I
> > understand this option is no longer recognized by gcc, but I went back
> > to the manuals for the older versions of gcc on the GNU website, and
> > they don't have any mention of this option. What exactly did this
> > option do? It seems to not be documented.
>
> My packages/pkgconf/rules.mak
>
> contains:
>
> # GCC since 2.95 does -finit-priority by default so remove it from old HALs
> CFLAGS := $(subst -finit-priority,,$(CFLAGS))
>
> So the flag should not be making it to the gcc invocation.

That is true, but only in the package makefiles. The ecos.mak that
gets generated doesn't include rules.mak. I include ecos.mak into my
application's makefile so when building my application code I ran into
that issue.

* Re: [ECOS] -finit-priority gcc option in global build options
@ 2007-08-07 22:45     ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2007-08-07 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Sweeney; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Mike Sweeney wrote:
> On 8/7/07, Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 03:55:19PM -0400, Mike Sweeney wrote:
>>> So the default global build options include a -finit-priority option.
>>> I upgraded from gcc 3.2.1 so this option no longer exists. I
>>> understand this option is no longer recognized by gcc, but I went back
>>> to the manuals for the older versions of gcc on the GNU website, and
>>> they don't have any mention of this option. What exactly did this
>>> option do? It seems to not be documented.
>> My packages/pkgconf/rules.mak
>>
>> contains:
>>
>> # GCC since 2.95 does -finit-priority by default so remove it from old HALs
>> CFLAGS := $(subst -finit-priority,,$(CFLAGS))
>>
>> So the flag should not be making it to the gcc invocation.
>
> That is true, but only in the package makefiles. The ecos.mak that
> gets generated doesn't include rules.mak. I include ecos.mak into my
> application's makefile so when building my application code I ran into
> that issue.

You might look at how build_Make.params (.../ecos/examples) handles
this :-)