* [ECOS] Thread aware JTAG debugger for eCosPro
@ 2008-03-07 15:04 John MacDonald
From: John MacDonald @ 2008-03-07 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I am trying to obtain a thread aware JTAG debugger for use with an
AT91R40008 ARM processor running eCosPro.

I have located two possibilities. One is an ARM Multi-ICE JTAG Debugger
which seems to support thread aware debugging when used with GDB and the
GNU GPL multi-ice-gdb-server software. The other is the Lauterbach JTAG
Debugger for ARM7. Both options seem to support thread aware debugging
for eCos 2.0. Does anyone have direct experience of using either of
these debugger options with eCosPro.

Regards,
John Macdonald

* Re: [ECOS] Thread aware JTAG debugger for eCosPro
@ 2008-03-10 11:25 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2008-03-10 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John MacDonald; +Cc: ecos-discuss

John MacDonald wrote:
> I am trying to obtain a thread aware JTAG debugger for use with an
> AT91R40008 ARM processor running eCosPro.
>
> I have located two possibilities. One is an ARM Multi-ICE JTAG Debugger
> which seems to support thread aware debugging when used with GDB and the
> GNU GPL multi-ice-gdb-server software. The other is the Lauterbach JTAG
> Debugger for ARM7. Both options seem to support thread aware debugging
> for eCos 2.0. Does anyone have direct experience of using either of
> these debugger options with eCosPro.

I have used both. The Lauterbach has its own IDE. Personally I didn't like
it, but it did work. The Multi-ICE works with command line GDB (and Insight
or Eclipse if you use them) although I'm not entirely certain of
compatibility with more recent ICE units - I'm not saying it doesn't work,
just that the code hasn't been updated for a while so if they have changed
something, that could be a problem.

Jifl
 **  Visit us at ESC Silicon Valley <http://www.embedded.com/esc/sv>  **
 **  April 15-17 2008, Booth 3012, San Jose McEnery Convention Center **
------["Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere"]------       Opinions==mine