* [ECOS] JFFS2, NAND and the flash_v2 branch
@ 2008-04-04 15:49 Markus Schaber
From: Markus Schaber @ 2008-04-04 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos general discussion list

Hi,

In my recent research, I now came to the conclusion that NAND support
for JFFS2 is not finished in the flash_v2 branch. Two examples:

- struct nand_oobinfo is referenced in jffs2_fs_sb.h, but not defined
anywhere.

- os-ecos.h contains "#error no nand yet" when CONFIG_JFFS2_FS_NAND is
set.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Markus

www.nosoftwarepatents.org

* RE: [ECOS] JFFS2, NAND and the flash_v2 branch
@ 2008-04-04 15:56 ` Chris Zimman
From: Chris Zimman @ 2008-04-04 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Markus Schaber, eCos general discussion list

> In my recent research, I now came to the conclusion that NAND support
> for JFFS2 is not finished in the flash_v2 branch. Two examples:

Last time I checked, and this may not currently be correct, JFFS2 in anon CVS
doesn't work, and it wasn't finished.  A finished and working JFFS2 is part
of eCosPro.

--Chris

* Re: [ECOS] JFFS2, NAND and the flash_v2 branch
@ 2008-04-04 16:51   ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2008-04-04 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Zimman; +Cc: Markus Schaber, eCos general discussion list

Chris Zimman wrote:
>> In my recent research, I now came to the conclusion that NAND support
>> for JFFS2 is not finished in the flash_v2 branch. Two examples:
>
> Last time I checked, and this may not currently be correct, JFFS2 in anon CVS
> doesn't work, and it wasn't finished.  A finished and working JFFS2 is part
> of eCosPro.

NAND support is not available in eCosPro either yet, although it's
something we want to do and have looked very closely at doing already. The
main bit missing is an equivalent of Linux's MTD layer which does bad block
management, organises OOB data, etc. There's actually quite a lot of detail
once you start looking at it (especially since OOB layout differs between
some NAND parts).

Jifl