* RE: [ECOS] Redboot available RAM
@ 2006-06-19  8:17 Marcin Chrusciel
From: Marcin Chrusciel @ 2006-06-19  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

No i din't. Where in Config tool i need to serach for his option? Do I
need this patch??

http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-patches/2005-06/msg00027.html

Thanks for fast answer..

Marcin

From: Nick Garnett @ 2006-06-20  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcin Chrusciel; +Cc: ecos-discuss

"Marcin Chrusciel" <Marcin.chrusciel@cit.be> writes:

> Laurie,
>
> Yesterday I tried your tip, but it didn't help in my case. I will
> explain how I do it:
>
> I take i386 Realtek template, choose redboot in packages, then I go to
> eCos HAL -> i386 architecture -> I check Load into higher memory (I
> accept solutions for conflicts) and then I go for Startup type - I
> change it for floppy and I get a conflict that I should use GRUB, but I
> discard a solution so it stays Floppy. It builds fine and image starts
> properly but still the same amount of available RAM appears (about 64k)
>
> Any ideas??? Thanx;)

FLOPPY startup will only load into the bottom 640K and will only use
memory in that area. It is really only intended for use with RedBoot,
although applications that can live in 640K will work too.

To run applications above 1M either load RAM startup applications with
a FLOPPY RedBoot, use a GRUB-loaded RedBoot to load them, or load the
application directly using a GRUB startup type.

--
Nick Garnett                                 eCos Kernel Architect
http://www.ecoscentric.com            The eCos and RedBoot experts

* RE: [ECOS] Redboot available RAM
@ 2006-06-20  8:12 Marcin Chrusciel

From: Laurie Gellatly @ 2006-06-19  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Marcin Chrusciel', ecos-discuss

@ 2006-06-19  8:19 Marcin Chrusciel
From: Marcin Chrusciel @ 2006-06-19  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

@ 2006-06-19  7:41 ` Laurie Gellatly

I really stuck on this problem for i386 target. I've searched maillist
several times and found only this thread:

http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2006-04/msg00184.html

Which is about exactly the same problem as I have.

I tried also both types of discovering available RAM - bios and
hardcoding. No results. All I need is about 1MB for application...

Thanks in advance for any help

Marcin

* [ECOS] Redboot available RAM
@ 2006-06-19  7:32 Marcin Chrusciel