* [ECOS] IPSEC and libipsec
@ 2008-05-22 14:53 Shaun Louie
From: Shaun Louie @ 2008-05-22 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

 From a previous post in ecos-patches
(http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-patches/2003-11/msg00111.html):
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 11:02:15AM -0000, Lee Davies wrote:
> > Does this mean ECOS can support VPN?
>
> Err, possibly. Like i said, this is work in progress. There is
> currently no code to actually setup IPSEC. So if you can somehow
> persuade the network stack to use IPSEC it might be possible. Also, as
> it says in the documentation, the network stack parts are quite
> old. There could be interopibility problems with current generation
> IPSEC code. It won't be until racoon is running and we run some tests
> that we will know how well IPSEC works.
>
>      Andrew
I've enabled the IPSEC options in the FreeBSD stack configuration along
with the libipsec and crypto packages, and have gotten to the point of
running the libipsec tests successfully.  I then wanted to see how to
configure a pre-shared key for IKE and get an IPSEC session running, and
quickly realized that something like racoon is needed.  After doing some
research on the net, I located the above post.

It's been a while since that post, and I don't see any other chatter
regarding IPSEC in eCos.  I'm curious to know if anyone has gotten it to
work -- maybe you could give me some details on how you set it up.  If
not, I would appreciate some pointers on where to get started, possibly
on porting racoon to eCos (best source to base the port from?, is it
practical?, licensing issues?).  If I do take up that project, I'd like
to be able to contribute it back to eCos.

Thanks in advance,
Shaun Louie

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-05-22 14:53 UTC | newest]