* [ECOS] At91SAM7S64 Port
@ 2005-07-11 16:24 Christian Kobey
From: Christian Kobey @ 2005-07-11 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all,
for a student project, i want to use eCos on an AT91SAM7 chip. I got my owm hardware working but i can't get my own port of eCos running. i compared my platform_setup, ecos.db, plf.io.h,
var.io ...etc with the files posted on the list. the files are pretty much identical. I'm kind of desperate and time is running out.....
could someone please provide me with a known good port for the AT91SAM7S64 ?
I'd greatly appreciate your help.
thanks and peace out,
Chris

* [ECOS] Re: At91SAM7S64 Port
@ 2005-07-12 16:08 ` George Pantazopoulos
From: George Pantazopoulos @ 2005-07-12 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Kobey; +Cc: ecos-discuss

> Hi all,
> for a student project, i want to use eCos on an AT91SAM7 chip. I got my
> owm hardware working but i can't get my own port of eCos running. i
> compared my platform_setup, ecos.db, plf.io.h,
> var.io ...etc with the files posted on the list. the files are pretty much
> identical. I'm kind of desperate and time is running out.....
> could someone please provide me with a known good port for the AT91SAM7S64

Hi Chris,

 You should consider switching to the Phillips LPC2106 MCU, since there is
an eCos port for the LPC2106 in the CVS version of ecos. It is a similar
ARM7-based microcontroller with A/D, built-in flash and SRAM.

Regards,
George

--
George Pantazopoulos
http://www.gammaburst.net

* [ECOS] Re: AT91SAM7S64 Port
@ 2005-07-12 20:06 ` George Pantazopoulos
From: George Pantazopoulos @ 2005-07-12 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Kobey; +Cc: ecos-discuss, George Pantazopoulos

> Thanks for the advice. I've already thought about switching to the LPC2106
> but i wanted to take adavantage of SAM's internal USB controller :)
> I guess i'll have to figure out what's wrong with my port.
> thanks a lot though.

If your pressed for time, trying to write USB code from scratch (or port
the eCos USB stack) is not likely to be fun or easy. Also, it takes up
precious memory. Why not use a FTDI FT232BM (or similar) USB->serial chip
instead? No USB code to write and no overhead. The whole protocol is
handled on chip.

George

* [ECOS] Re: AT91SAM7S64 Port
@ 2005-07-12 19:31 Christian Kobey