* [ECOS] FIS manipulation from an application?
@ 2009-09-02  7:26 Stanislav Meduna
From: Stanislav Meduna @ 2009-09-02  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Discussion

Hi,

is there an API/recommended way for manipulating the FIS directory
from an application?

I am implementing a configuration tool using a simple web
interface and would like to be able to tweak data there.

Thanks
--
                                 Stano

* Re: [ECOS] FIS manipulation from an application?
@ 2009-09-02 12:01 ` Sergei Gavrikov
From: Sergei Gavrikov @ 2009-09-02 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stanislav Meduna; +Cc: eCos Discussion

On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 09:25:56AM +0200, Stanislav Meduna wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there an API/recommended way for manipulating the FIS directory
> from an application?
>
> I am implementing a configuration tool using a simple web
> interface and would like to be able to tweak data there.

Hi,

They talk
http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/hal-calling-if.html that
you can access to Redboot config options via VV calls (if you need it).

2 cents: and what's about JFFS partition on FIS? Any data on JFFS will
be accessible from the both sides: Redboot and your application (all
is files). Well, may be it will be bloat for your target, but, IMO,
that is portable way to manipulate data is stored on NOR flash.

Sergei

* Re: [ECOS] FIS manipulation from an application?
@ 2009-09-02 12:29   ` Stanislav Meduna
From: Stanislav Meduna @ 2009-09-02 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Discussion

Sergei Gavrikov wrote:

> They talk
> http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/hal-calling-if.html that
> you can access to Redboot config options via VV calls (if you need it).

Thanks, I'll look into the possibilities.

> 2 cents: and what's about JFFS partition on FIS? Any data on JFFS will
> be accessible from the both sides: Redboot and your application (all
> is files).

I am trying to avoid the jffs2 as a prerequisite to run this
code. I had quite a few troubles with it, sometimes manifesting
as hang when mounting (debugging showed mount code going in loops
over the same data), sometimes as thread crashing leaving
the fs locked.

I traced the corruption to some problem in interrupt handling
in my SPI code (right now I am running it polled until I'll find
the time to investigate), but if a data corruption can cause
an indefinite loop, I prefer to stay away from a filesystem
or at least have a way to reformat it first.

Regards
--
                                 Stano