* [ECOS] Can not login CVS
@ 2000-12-06 18:13 Jerry Yan
From: Jerry Yan @ 2000-12-06 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi, All,
    I need your help for ECOS CVS.
    I try to login in ECOS CVS,  the following is my input and output=20

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/ecos login
(Logging in to anoncvs@sources.redhat.com)
CVS password: anoncvs

cvs [login aborted]: could not open file://.cvspass: No such file or =
directory

    Who can tell me why? and how can i download the last snapshot of =
ecos .

Jerry

* Re: [ECOS] Can not login CVS
@ 2000-12-07  1:13 ` Christian Plessl
From: Christian Plessl @ 2000-12-07  1:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

At 10:08 07.12.00 +0800, Jerry Yan wrote:
>Hi, All,
>     I need your help for ECOS CVS.
>     I try to login in ECOS CVS,  the following is my input and output=20
>
>cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/ecos login
>(Logging in to anoncvs@sources.redhat.com)
>CVS password: anoncvs
>
>cvs [login aborted]: could not open file://.cvspass: No such file or =
>directory
>
>     Who can tell me why? and how can i download the last snapshot of =
>ecos .

Could you give a little more information about the operating system you're
using?

CVS does save the passwords in a file called .cvspass in the home directory
of the user. It seems as if cvs cannot create this file.

Chris

--
Christian Plessl <cplessl@ee.ethz.ch>

* Re: [ECOS] Can not login CVS
@ 2000-12-07 11:18     ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-12-07 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Plessl; +Cc: Jerry Yan, ecos-discuss

Christian Plessl wrote:

> At 16:45 07.12.00 +0800, Jerry Yan wrote:
>
> >I use cygwin  under win2000.
>
> Well, I dont use cygwin, but for me, this looks as if cvs wants to create a
> file in your home directory (wherever this is on a windows system). So
> maybe you have to set some kind of home-directory environment variable.

This is almost certainly what it is. If you don't have an obvious home
direcotry, make one with:

  mkdir /home/jerry
then
  HOME=/home/jerry ; export HOME

Put the HOME directory setting in your c:/cygwin/cygwin.bat if you are the
only user of cygwin on your machine.

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] Can not login CVS
       [not found] ` <005701c0602a$12ecb6d0$1c0114ac@micetek.local>