* [ECOS] Maximum number of TCP connections
@ 2002-10-24  2:58 llandre
From: llandre @ 2002-10-24  2:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I did not understand if it is possibile and how to set the maximum number
of TCP connections acceptable by the stack.
 From this point of view, are there differences between the two stacks
(OpenBSD and FreeBSD)?

* Re: [ECOS] Maximum number of TCP connections
@ 2002-10-24  3:08 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2002-10-24  3:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: llandre; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 12:01:10PM +0200, llandre wrote:
> I did not understand if it is possibile and how to set the maximum number
> of TCP connections acceptable by the stack.
> From this point of view, are there differences between the two stacks
> (OpenBSD and FreeBSD)?

Each socket needs a file descriptor. There are two things you need to
configure:

CYGPKG_IO_NFILE
CYGNUM_FILEIO_NFD

By default these are 16, so you have a maximum of 16 open sockets and
files.

Both stacks come from the Unix world, so the stacks themselves should
have no practical limit. Memory is probably you limitation.

     Andrew

* Re: [ECOS] Maximum number of TCP connections
@ 2002-10-24  3:32   ` llandre
From: llandre @ 2002-10-24  3:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: ecos-discuss, matto

>On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 12:01:10PM +0200, llandre wrote:
> > I did not understand if it is possibile and how to set the maximum number
> > of TCP connections acceptable by the stack.
> > From this point of view, are there differences between the two stacks
> > (OpenBSD and FreeBSD)?
>
>Each socket needs a file descriptor. There are two things you need to
>configure:
>
>CYGPKG_IO_NFILE
>CYGNUM_FILEIO_NFD
>
>By default these are 16, so you have a maximum of 16 open sockets and
>files.
>
>Both stacks come from the Unix world, so the stacks themselves should
>have no practical limit. Memory is probably you limitation.
>
>      Andrew

Can you estimate the memory footprint required by each open socket/file?

* Re: [ECOS] Maximum number of TCP connections
@ 2002-10-24  3:36     ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2002-10-24  3:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: llandre; +Cc: Andrew Lunn, ecos-discuss, matto

> Can you estimate the memory footprint required by each open socket/file?

I could, but so could you. Read the sources where these two
definitions are used. There will be an array of structures. Do a
sizeof on the structure.

       Andrew

* Re: [ECOS] Maximum number of TCP connections
@ 2002-10-24  5:36       ` llandre
From: llandre @ 2002-10-24  5:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: ecos-discuss, matto

> > Can you estimate the memory footprint required by each open socket/file?
>
>I could, but so could you. Read the sources where these two
>definitions are used. There will be an array of structures. Do a
>sizeof on the structure.
>
>        Andrew

Ok, thanks a lot. As soon as possible, I'll check it out.

* [ECOS] RTP for ecos..
@ 2002-11-23  6:00   ` A.K.V.SAI JAYRAM
From: A.K.V.SAI JAYRAM @ 2002-11-23  6:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hello all....
Is there RTP support for ECos..? Has any one tried porting on ECos...?

Rgds
sai