* [ECOS] what amount of RAM is must in target board for eCos
@ 2012-10-03 18:09 abhishek srivastava
From: abhishek srivastava @ 2012-10-03 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos discuss

hi all
i am going to purchase my target processor for eCos as ARM Cortex M3, so a bit worried about its RAM and ROM size requirement when used with eCos.ya, i know,its more application dependent.
lets say, as per my application, i want to play eCos fullest (while learning eCos) and as main objective, i want to interface graphical LCD (colored) with board (eCos installed) and if possible some GUIs would also go along.
now for such kind of application, what size of RAM and ROM should be required as i have already tried to do this with LPC2148 with 32K RAM which let me down in past.....as much i  know, eCos requires 10K of RAM space as bare minimum.Is it so?

please suggest me some suitable board also which is well supported by eCos, possibly ARM.

Thank you

regards

Abhishek

* Re: [ECOS] what amount of RAM is must in target board for eCos
@ 2012-10-03 18:33 ` Morris, Richard
From: Morris, Richard @ 2012-10-03 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: abhishek srivastava; +Cc: ecos discuss

We use the ST Micro STM3240G EVAL board and find it quite capable.  It has 1M Flash and 192K RAM in two banks 128K + 64K.  The address spaces are not adjacent.

The STM32F4 processor family has very flexible timers, better than many other ARM uCs.