* [ECOS] Re: eCos
@ 2003-09-15 15:59 amassa
From: amassa @ 2003-09-15 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: piyu_de; +Cc: ecos-discuss

>   i started studying the ecos reference manual for
>ecos porting but have not got a clear idea of exactly
>how to start porting ecos on any processor.
>please help me.

The eCos reference material has great information on the topic of porting
in Section III, Chapter 11.

I have also written an article for Embedded Systems Programming Magazine
which might help you out in the January 2002 issue.

The book, Embedded Software Development with eCos (ISBN: 0130354732), also
has a chapter on porting that might help you out.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Anthony

* [ECOS] Re: eCos
@ 2001-05-28  0:13 Fano Ramparany
From: Fano Ramparany @ 2001-05-28  0:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: karconin; +Cc: eCos Disuss

        You can find some examples in eCos source files:
        (Program Files\Red Hat\eCos\examples repertory in v1.3.1)

Subject:
         eCos
   Date:
         Sat, 26 May 2001 08:19:04 +0000
   From:
         sophists <karconin@satyam.net.in>
     To:
         ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com

I am Kavita

A trainer in Sophists Tech School.

I know well pSOS.
I am learning eCos now and trying out applications in i86.
Where can I get a few sample applications ?

Kavit

* Re: [ECOS] Re: eCos
@ 2000-04-26 17:58 Rosimildo daSilva
From: Rosimildo daSilva @ 2000-04-26 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jlarmour, rosimildo; +Cc: joerg.rapka, ecos-discuss

>From: Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour@redhat.co.uk>
>To: Rosimildo daSilva <rosimildo@hotmail.com>
>CC: joerg.rapka@duagon.com, ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com
>Subject: Re: [ECOS] Re: eCos
>Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 21:30:17 +0100
>
>Rosimildo daSilva wrote:
> >
> > >From: Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour@redhat.co.uk>
> > >
> > >What GDB are you using? You are using i386-elf-gdb, right?
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > Is there any special setting that I am missing ?
>
>Did you set the baudrate in GDB with:
>
>set remotebaud 38400
>
>You can also do this by invoking GDB with "-b 38400".

Jonathan,

Setting the baud rate did the trick for me.
It worked.

Thank you very much.

Rosimildo.

* Re: [ECOS] Re: eCos
@ 2000-04-26 13:30 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-04-26 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rosimildo daSilva; +Cc: joerg.rapka, ecos-discuss

Rosimildo daSilva wrote:

> >From: Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour@redhat.co.uk>
> >
> >What GDB are you using? You are using i386-elf-gdb, right?
>
> Yes.
>
> Is there any special setting that I am missing ?

Did you set the baudrate in GDB with:

set remotebaud 38400

You can also do this by invoking GDB with "-b 38400".

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] Re: eCos
@ 2000-04-26 13:25 Rosimildo daSilva
From: Rosimildo daSilva @ 2000-04-26 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)