* RE: [ECOS] makefile.
@ 2000-11-10  4:42 Stenberg Björn
From: Stenberg Björn @ 2000-11-10  4:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Claes Stejre', eCos

> I just wonder if was any way to scan all subdirectorys
> and generate one ( or more ) makefile.

There are a number of such tools. I have made one that can be found at:

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/makedep

--
Björn Stenberg
bjorn.stenberg@contactor.se

* Re: [ECOS] makefile.
@ 2000-11-10  4:31   ` Hugo Tyson
From: Hugo Tyson @ 2000-11-10  4:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

"Claes Stejre" <claes.stejre@mecel.se> writes:
> OK. I have a compiled kernel that works fine.

Great!

> What I am going to do is that I havee an application and to this
> application am I going to include a module that I have. This module have
> many levels and I just wounder if was any way to scan all subdirectorys
> and generate one ( or more ) makefile. At the end this module is going to
> be a LIB-file.

Oh, OK, this isn't something that the ecos tools support.  Maybe going to
one of the more generalized mailinglists/newgroups about make?

> I have been trying to read in the document of GNU Make but I haven't
> found anything that can help me.

Sorry, I don't know of any such tool.  Clearly it's possible though, I'd
bet there's one out there somewhere...  Good luck searching!

	- Huge

* Re: [ECOS] makefile.
       [not found] <TFSDRITM@mecel.se>
@ 2000-11-10  2:10 ` Claes Stejre
From: Claes Stejre @ 2000-11-10  2:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos

OK. I have a compiled kernel that works fine.
What I am going to do is that I havee an application and to this application
am I
going to include a module that I have. This module have many levels and I
just
wounder if was any way to scan all subdirectorys and generate one ( or
more )
makefile. At the end this module is going to  be a LIB-file.

I have been trying to read in the document of GNU Make but I haven't found
anything that can help me.

/Claes
SE:hmt@redhat.com on 2000-11-09 20:32:11
To: ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com @ INTERNET cc:  (bcc: Claes
Stejre/Mecel/SE)

Subject: Re: [ECOS] makefile.

"Claes Stejre" <claes.stejreÉmecel.se> writes:
> I'm trying to find out a way to autogenerate a makefile but I havn't
> succeed.
> Someone how can help me?

You haven't told us what you want this makefile to make!

The eCos config tools generate makefiles for building the eCos library and
its testcases, within your build tree.

After that, you must write your own makefile for building and linking your
application with the eCos library - the eCos config tools are just that,
config tools for eCos, *not* an IDE for your application.

 - Huge

* Re: [ECOS] makefile.
@ 2000-11-09 10:30 ` Hugo Tyson
From: Hugo Tyson @ 2000-11-09 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

@ 2000-11-09 10:19 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2000-11-09 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Claes Stejre; +Cc: eCos

On 09-Nov-2000 Claes Stejre wrote:
> I'm trying to find out a way to autogenerate a makefile but I havn't
> succeed.
> Someone how can help me?

What kind of makefile are you interested in?

The eCos config tool (or ecosconfig) sets this up for building the kernel.
For end-user applications, we've provided a sample makefile along with
the examples.

* [ECOS] makefile.
@ 2000-11-09  9:51 Claes Stejre