* [ECOS] Reading flash config value from application
@ 2006-06-16 23:23 André-John Mas
From: André-John Mas @ 2006-06-16 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

I use fconfig in my redboot to set an IP address for my card. What is
the
best way to read this IP address from my application, since
flash_config.h
seems to be part of the Redboot package.

Andre

* Re: [ECOS] Reading flash config value from application
@ 2006-06-17  1:41 ` Gary Thomas
       [not found]   ` <FAE7AB22-59C4-4C01-8C7E-AC3C86F6E3F1@sympatico.ca>
From: Gary Thomas @ 2006-06-17  1:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: André-John Mas; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Fri, 2006-06-16 at 19:22 -0400, André-John Mas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use fconfig in my redboot to set an IP address for my card. What is
> the
> best way to read this IP address from my application, since
> flash_config.h
> seems to be part of the Redboot package.

You can do this using the Virtual Vectors interface into RedBoot.
The call:
  CYGACC_CALL_IF_FLASH_CFG_OP(CYGNUM_CALL_IF_FLASH_CFG_GET,
                              <fconfig_name>,
                              &result,
                              <type>)

Where <fconfig_name> is a string containing the 'fconfig' short name for
the data item (use 'fc -l -n' to see what the names are).  The variable
<type> defines the type of data.  You can find the #define's for these
in the include file "flash_config.h".

Note: the result of this call is a boolean - true if the data was
found, false if not.

@ 2006-06-17 21:25     ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2006-06-17 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: André-John Mas; +Cc: eCos Discussion

On Fri, 2006-06-16 at 22:43 -0400, André-John Mas wrote:
> Which package do I need to include in my ECC for this?

Please keep your replies on the list so that all may benefit.

No special packages are required;  just include <cyg/hal/hal_if.h>

@ 2006-06-18  3:28       ` André-John Mas
From: André-John Mas @ 2006-06-18  3:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: eCos Discussion

Oops, sorry for that. Thanks for the help.

Andre

@ 2006-06-21  2:15 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2006-06-21  2:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ajmas; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Tue, 2006-06-20 at 18:26 -0400, Andre-John Mas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but CYGACC_CALL_IF_FLASH_CFG_OP is not finding the value (returning false). I am trying to read the "bootp_my_ip" value. Every time the card restarts the redboot sees the right values, so it doesn't seem to be an issue of data getting over-written.
>
> Below are the modifications I made to network_support.c in the net/common package:
>
> #include <cyg/hal/hal_if.h>
>
> // For fetching the IP info from RedBoot
> #include <cyg/hal/hal_if.h>
> #ifndef CONFIG_IP
> #define CONFIG_IP 5
> #endif
>
> typedef unsigned char ip_addr_t[4];
>
> //
> // taken from redboot ... net/net_io.c
> //
> static bool
> flash_get_IP(char *id, ip_addr_t *val)
> {
>   ip_addr_t my_ip[4];

Do you really want an array of 4 ip_address_t objects?

>   int i;
>
>   if (CYGACC_CALL_IF_FLASH_CFG_OP(CYGNUM_CALL_IF_FLASH_CFG_GET, id, &my_ip, CONFIG_IP))
>   {
>     diag_printf("flash_get_IP %s\n", my_ip);
>     if (my_ip[0] != 0 || my_ip[1] != 0 ||
>         my_ip[2] != 0 || my_ip[3] != 0) {
>         // 'id' is set to something so let it override any static IP
>         for (i=0; i<4; i++)
>           (*val)[i] = my_ip[i];
>         }
>     }
>     else
>     {
>       return false;
>     }
> }
>
> and then in the init_all_networks_interfaces() function I have:
>
> struct in_addr card_ip;
>
> flash_get_IP("bootp_my_ip", card_ip.s_addr);
>
> Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

I don't see anything in particular wrong with this code.  I tried
the attached program and it worked just fine for me.

[-- Attachment #2: fconfig_test.c --]
[-- Type: text/x-csrc, Size: 552 bytes --]

#include <stdio.h>
#include <cyg/kernel/kapi.h>
#include <cyg/hal/hal_if.h>
#include <network.h>

#define CONFIG_IP 5

int
main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
    unsigned long addr;

    if (CYGACC_CALL_IF_FLASH_CFG_OP(CYGNUM_CALL_IF_FLASH_CFG_GET,
                                    "bootp_my_ip",
                                    &addr,
                                    CONFIG_IP)) {
        diag_dump_buf(&addr, sizeof(addr));
    } else {
        printf("Can't get 'bootp_my_ip'\n");
    }
    printf("fconfig_test done\n");
    return 0;

* Re: [ECOS] Reading flash config value from application
@ 2006-06-20 22:26 Andre-John Mas