* [ECOS] dual uart driver
@ 2005-03-28 10:32 Chi Lam
From: Chi Lam @ 2005-03-28 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

 Hi,

 I am implementing a 2nd uart driver in eCos on the
 Broadcom BMC91112 mips chip. The first uart driver
 is working fine which is provided by Broadcom. I have
 the following questions on the 2nd uart driver:

 1. I plan to use a different uart base address and a
 different interrupt number for the second uart. Can
 I share the same ISR routine for both uarts?

 2. In which situation should I use polling and
 interrupt method? I plan to use the interrupt
 method.

 3. Where can I get sample implementation for 2 uart
 driver?

 Thanks.

 Chi Lam

* Re: [ECOS] dual uart driver
@ 2005-03-28 17:35 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2005-03-28 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chi Lam; +Cc: eCos Discussion

On Sun, 2005-03-27 at 18:28 -0800, Chi Lam wrote:
>  Hi,
>
>  I am implementing a 2nd uart driver in eCos on the
>  Broadcom BMC91112 mips chip. The first uart driver
>  is working fine which is provided by Broadcom. I have
>  the following questions on the 2nd uart driver:
>
>  1. I plan to use a different uart base address and a
>  different interrupt number for the second uart. Can
>  I share the same ISR routine for both uarts?
>
>  2. In which situation should I use polling and
>  interrupt method? I plan to use the interrupt
>  method.
>
>  3. Where can I get sample implementation for 2 uart
>  driver?

There are many such examples in the source tree.  Look at any of
the PowerPC serial drivers (devs/serial/powerpc/...)

Basically, you need to provide tables (descriptions) of each
device you want to support.  There are different [table driven]
drivers for debug I/O (kept in your platform HAL) and interrupt
driven drivers (in the devs/serial tree)

n.b. repeating your query three times in 24 hours does not improve
your chances of a speedy reply.  This is a purely voluntary project
(and list), so you need to be patient.

* [ECOS] remove from the list
@ 2005-09-16  6:12   ` Chi Lam
From: Chi Lam @ 2005-09-16  6:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: eCos Discussion

Hi,

How can I be removed from the discussion list? Thanks.

Chi Lam

* Re: [ECOS] remove from the list
@ 2005-09-16  6:34     ` Fabian Scheler
From: Fabian Scheler @ 2005-09-16  6:34 UTC (permalink / raw)