* [ECOS] RedBoot necessary for porting ecos?
@ 2013-01-11  0:55 Lukas Riezler
From: Lukas Riezler @ 2013-01-11  0:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hello everyone!

First I have to say, that I'm quite new in microcontroller theme (and my english is not so good).
But I'm interested to get ecos run on my IAR-EvalBoard with CortexM3 (FM3).
I've read a lot of stuff but though I have some elementary questions:

- is it a requirement to work with RedBoot or is it also possible to port ecos without using RedBoot?
- I know that RedBoot is based on the ecos-HAL. Does it mean, if I port RedBoot to my target, that I can use later the same HAL-Code for ecos?

With kind regards,
Lukas R.