* [ECOS] eCos and GNU GPL components
@ 2000-11-16  7:51 Patrik Olsson
From: Patrik Olsson @ 2000-11-16  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all,

our company is planning to use eCos in one of our products.
In addition we are thinking of using a component in that product which is
distributed under GNU GPL.

We have tried to read the two licenses (GPL and RHEPL) to figure out if this
is possible. Unfortunately we have not been able to come up with a clear
answer.

So our question is:
1. Is it possible/allowed to create/sell a product based on eCos and one or
more components distributed under GNU GPL?

2. If the answer to question 1 is yes, do we have to publish other
components (which we write our selves or license from other companies) under
the GNU GPL and/or RHEPL?

Best regards
Patrik Olsson
connectBlue AB

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-11-16  7:51 UTC | newest]