* [ECOS] example code hello.c binary size
@ 2005-07-18  7:00 Sriramkumar Raju
From: Sriramkumar Raju @ 2005-07-18  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,
     My target platform is i386. So in order to build an eCOS library
i selected i386 platform & lwip_eth package from the config tool and
build the eCOS library.

My library "libtarget.a" size is 2,706 KB ( approximately 2.69 MB).

When i built the hello.c given in the examples directory i got hello
application size as 584 Kb.

i am wondering why hello.c is so big?

Is there any way of bringing the size less.?

Regards,
Sriram.R

* Re: [ECOS] example code hello.c binary size
@ 2005-07-18  7:09 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2005-07-18  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sriramkumar Raju; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 12:30:37PM +0530, Sriramkumar Raju wrote:
> Hi,
>      My target platform is i386. So in order to build an eCOS library
> i selected i386 platform & lwip_eth package from the config tool and
> build the eCOS library.
>
> My library "libtarget.a" size is 2,706 KB ( approximately 2.69 MB).
>
> When i built the hello.c given in the examples directory i got hello
> application size as 584 Kb.
>
> i am wondering why hello.c is so big?
>
> Is there any way of bringing the size less.?

How many times has this question been asked? Too many.

        Andrew