* [ECOS] eCos v1.2.1 for ARM on Windows 95
@ 1999-08-17 21:50 Trevor Kilgore
From: Trevor Kilgore @ 1999-08-17 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

I am having trouble using eCos 1.2.1 for ARM on my Windows 95 machine.
Every time I try to access the eCos Configuration tool the program crashes.
I get the Application Terminated message.  Actually I think that is what it
says, it is on a Japanese Windows which might be another issue.

This same CD installed fine on my Windows 98 machine(also Japanese), Could
it be that eCos 1.2.1 for ARM will install alright on 98 and NT but not 95,
while eCos 1.2.1 (for all other targets) will work relatively alright all
all 3 32-bit Windows systems?

Thanks,

Trevor

* Re: [ECOS] eCos v1.2.1 for ARM on Windows 95
@ 1999-08-18  7:41 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 1999-08-18  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: trevork33; +Cc: ecos-discuss

In article < 19990818044938.80842.qmail@hotmail.com > you write:

>I am having trouble using eCos 1.2.1 for ARM on my Windows 95 machine.
>Every time I try to access the eCos Configuration tool the program crashes.
>I get the Application Terminated message.  Actually I think that is what it
>says, it is on a Japanese Windows which might be another issue.
>
>This same CD installed fine on my Windows 98 machine(also Japanese), Could
>it be that eCos 1.2.1 for ARM will install alright on 98 and NT but not 95,
>while eCos 1.2.1 (for all other targets) will work relatively alright all
>all 3 32-bit Windows systems?

That does seem very odd. We certainly never tried installing it on Japanese
Win95. Could you do me a favour and report the problem using:

http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ecos/problemreport.html

Thanks,

Jifl
--
Cygnus Solutions, 35 Cambridge Place, Cambridge, UK.  Tel: +44 (1223) 728762
"I used to have an open mind but || Get yer free open source RTOS's here...

* Re: [ECOS] eCos v1.2.1 for ARM on Windows 95
@ 1999-08-19  5:00 ` John Dallaway
From: John Dallaway @ 1999-08-19  5:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

We have not encountered problems in running eCos 1.2.1 under English
language versions of Windows 95. However, users should note that only
minimal testing of the Configuration Tool has been undertaken on host
platforms other than Windows NT 4.0.

John Dallaway

--
news: 19990818044938.80842.qmail@hotmail.com ...

@ 1999-08-19 19:27 Trevor Kilgore
From: Trevor Kilgore @ 1999-08-19 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Sorry for the false alarm.  I was able to install and use eCos 1.2.1 (ARM
Edition) fine on another Japanese Windows 95 machine.  However, the other
machine is a laptop and I have no network card for it.  Thus, I really need
to get eCos up and running on my other machine.  As I mentioned before,
everything works fine except for the configuration tool.  It crashes
whenever I try to open it up.  I have re-installed eCos about 12 times now,
while double checking everything in Win95, without any success.  Does
anybody have any idea what the problem might be?  All other software so far
has installed and works fine.

Thanks,

Trevor

>We have not encountered problems in running eCos 1.2.1 under English
>language versions of Windows 95. However, users should note that only
>minimal testing of the Configuration Tool has been undertaken on host
>platforms other than Windows NT 4.0.
>
>John Dallaway

I am having trouble using eCos 1.2.1 for ARM on my Windows 95 machine.
Every time I try to access the eCos Configuration tool the program
crashes.  I get the Application Terminated message.  Actually I think that
is what it says, it is on a Japanese Windows which might be another issue.

This same CD installed fine on my Windows 98 machine(also Japanese),  Could
it be that eCos 1.2.1 for ARM will install alright on 98 and NT
not 95 while eCos 1.2.1 (for all other targets) will work relatively alright
on all 3 32-bit Windows systems?