* [ECOS] vmWare
@ 2002-07-18  7:22 Iztok Zupet
From: Iztok Zupet @ 2002-07-18  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

In three days I somehow cloned the original PCnet driver to another that works
within vmWare virtual machine. RedBoot works fine and networking and some
other tests also.

Is there anybody else interested in running eCos under vmWare (for development
purposes) or having some experience?

Regards
iz

* Re: [ECOS] vmWare
@ 2002-07-18 22:01 ` Masato Taruishi
From: Masato Taruishi @ 2002-07-18 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: iz; +Cc: ecos-discuss

At Thu, 18 Jul 2002 16:23:15 +0200,
Iztok Zupet wrote:

> In three days I somehow cloned the original PCnet driver to another that works
> within vmWare virtual machine. RedBoot works fine and networking and some
> other tests also.
>
> Is there anybody else interested in running eCos under vmWare (for development
> purposes) or having some experience?

I have tried redboot on plex86, but it doesn't work.
(sorry, I don't have the log now)
Is there anybody who has tried redboot on it?

* Re: [ECOS] vmWare
@ 2002-07-19  0:23   ` Iztok Zupet
From: Iztok Zupet @ 2002-07-19  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Masato Taruishi; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Friday 19 July 2002 07:05, Masato Taruishi wrote:
> At Thu, 18 Jul 2002 16:23:15 +0200,
>
> Iztok Zupet wrote:
> > In three days I somehow cloned the original PCnet driver to another that
> > works within vmWare virtual machine. RedBoot works fine and networking
> > and some other tests also.
> >
> > Is there anybody else interested in running eCos under vmWare (for
> > development purposes) or having some experience?
>
> I have tried redboot on plex86, but it doesn't work.
> (sorry, I don't have the log now)
> Is there anybody who has tried redboot on it?

After the first tests I've made it seems that vmWare could be a nice target
for  network and Microwindows development and testing. GDB tied to a virtual
network interface downloads and uploads really fast.

After all, one can work with eCos on a notebook at home, not needing a
development board, if the work is not target dependant.

Regards
iz