* [ECOS] Mounting a FAT filesystem
@ 2009-04-03 15:58 Eduardo Sabaj
From: Eduardo Sabaj @ 2009-04-03 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss, esabaj

I enabled the debuggers in ide_disk.c. Now I see that the driver can
read the following information from the disk in function
ide_disk_init():

Firmware rev. : NDBA418J
           Model :   128MB NANDrive
           C/H/S : 977/8/32
             Kind : 4

However, the following "if" condition is the one which is rejecting the disk.

ide_disk_init ()
{

    if (((ide_idData->general_conf>>8)&0x1f)!=2) {
        diag_printf("IDE device %d:%d is not a hard disk!\n",
                    info->port, info->chan);
        return false;

The value of "ide_idData->general_conf>>8)&0x1f" is the same as Kind
(printed above), So it expects a value of 2 while the value that is
reading is 4. Could anyone tell me which is the incompatibility here?

Regards
Eduardo

* Re: [ECOS] Mounting a FAT filesystem
       [not found]         ` <49D60A1D.4020508@hasar.com>
@ 2009-04-03 18:02           ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2009-04-03 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos

Eduardo Sabaj wrote:
> I've already enabled this debugger. I can see the following message..
>
> "IDE device 0:0 is not a hard disk"

Start with this - the eCos IDE driver does not recognize your hardware.
Until you solve this, you cannot proceed.

How could this message be any clearer?

       [not found]     ` <49D602BB.6080309@hasar.com>
@ 2009-04-03 12:43       ` Gary Thomas
       [not found]         ` <49D60A1D.4020508@hasar.com>
From: Gary Thomas @ 2009-04-03 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eduardo Sabaj; +Cc: eCos

@ 2009-04-03 12:28   ` Eduardo Sabaj
From: Eduardo Sabaj @ 2009-04-03 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eduardo Sabaj, ecos-discuss, esabaj

Andrew, I have only one partition, however, I tried adding the
partition number ..

mount ("/dev/hda/0", "/", "fatfs:sync=write");

(I read that partition number '0' means the whole disk) and it didn't work.

I suppose that there is something that I'm omitting but I can't
realize what is it..

@ 2009-04-03 12:20   ` Gary Thomas
       [not found]     ` <49D602BB.6080309@hasar.com>
From: Gary Thomas @ 2009-04-03 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eduardo Sabaj, ecos-discuss, esabaj

@ 2009-04-03 12:17 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2009-04-03 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eduardo Sabaj; +Cc: ecos-discuss, esabaj

@ 2009-04-03 12:04 Eduardo Sabaj
From: Eduardo Sabaj @ 2009-04-03 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss, esabaj

I have an i386 platform with two IDE disks and until now I have had no
success in trying to mount a FAT filesystem in my development.. What I
have tried is the following:

mount ("/dev/hda/" , "/", "fatfs:sync=write");

In spite of the fact that on my project file (.ecc) the names of the
disk devices are /dev/hda, /dev/hdb, etc..., mount returns -1 and
errno 19 ("no such device").

Moreover, if I try to lookup the driver by...

cyg_io_lookup("/dev/hda/", &handle);

it returns -22 ("invalid argument"). Could anyone tell me what I'm missing ??

FYI, in order to have support for FAT filesystem and for generic IDE,
I added the following packages on my configuration file:

-----
cdl_savefile_version 1;
cdl_savefile_command cdl_savefile_version {};
cdl_savefile_command cdl_savefile_command {};
cdl_savefile_command cdl_configuration { description hardware template
package };
cdl_savefile_command cdl_package { value_source user_value
wizard_value inferred_value };
cdl_savefile_command cdl_component { value_source user_value
wizard_value inferred_value };
cdl_savefile_command cdl_option { value_source user_value wizard_value
inferred_value };
cdl_savefile_command cdl_interface { value_source user_value
wizard_value inferred_value };

cdl_configuration eCos {

   package CYGPKG_IO_FILEIO current ;
   package CYGPKG_IO current ;