* [ECOS] How to enable POSIX message queue in eCos environment?
@ 2005-06-29 19:55 Ellen
From: Ellen @ 2005-06-29 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all,

I'm new to eCos and trying to run on Linux synthetic target.  Have a
question here for using POSIX message queue in eCos.

I noticed in the reference manual, it is mentioned that "The presence
of message queues is controlled by the CYGPKG_POSIX_MQUEUES option.
Setting this option will cause _POSIX_MESSAGE_PASSING to be defined
and the message queue API to be make available."  In my case, I
checked the ecos.ecc and pkgconf/isoinfra.h, I have the option
CYGINT_ISO_MQUEUE (instead of CYGPKG_POSIX_MQUEUES) set to 0, which
consequently makes the _POSIX_MESSAGE_PASSING undefined.  So when
compiling, I got the error of undeclared "O_CREAT" and implicit
declaration of "mq_open".

Since the CYGINT_ISO_MQUEUE is automatically defined in configtool, I
went back to the configuration tool, try to set this option.
Unfortunately, I found that under the "POSIX message queues", the
"maximum number of open message queues" is grey and its value is 0.

Anybody can help to set this mqueue option and make the message queue
API available?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,
Ellen

* Re: [ECOS] How to enable POSIX message queue in eCos environment?
@ 2005-06-29 20:08 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2005-06-29 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ellen; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 02:55:40PM -0500, Ellen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to eCos and trying to run on Linux synthetic target.  Have a
> question here for using POSIX message queue in eCos.
>
> I noticed in the reference manual, it is mentioned that "The presence
> of message queues is controlled by the CYGPKG_POSIX_MQUEUES option.
> Setting this option will cause _POSIX_MESSAGE_PASSING to be defined
> and the message queue API to be make available."  In my case, I
> checked the ecos.ecc and pkgconf/isoinfra.h, I have the option
> CYGINT_ISO_MQUEUE (instead of CYGPKG_POSIX_MQUEUES) set to 0, which
> consequently makes the _POSIX_MESSAGE_PASSING undefined.  So when
> compiling, I got the error of undeclared "O_CREAT" and implicit
> declaration of "mq_open".
>
> Since the CYGINT_ISO_MQUEUE is automatically defined in configtool, I
> went back to the configuration tool, try to set this option.
> Unfortunately, I found that under the "POSIX message queues", the
> "maximum number of open message queues" is grey and its value is 0.
>
> Anybody can help to set this mqueue option and make the message queue
> API available?

Use the posix template.

        Andrew

* Re: [ECOS] How to enable POSIX message queue in eCos environment?
@ 2005-06-29 23:44   ` Ellen
From: Ellen @ 2005-06-29 23:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss, andrew

Hello Andrew,

Thanks a lot for your help.

I did the following:

ecosconfig new linux posix
ecosconfig tree
make

now, everything is fine with my mqueue functions.  But, since I have a
printf() in my  code, I got the only error of

undefined reference to `puts'

though I did not really have puts() in my code.  It seems something is
wrong with the stdio package, which is already loaded.  How can I fix
this problem?

I appreciate your help very much.

Sincerely,
Ellen