* [ECOS] Update flash in field
@ 2007-06-29 13:18 Paul Magee
From: Paul Magee @ 2007-06-29 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

For debug purposes we have programmed our flash with RedBoot, an FPGA
image and an elf eCos firmware image. FPGA and firmware images have all
been programmed using the RedBoot command prompt (load and fis create).
We need to upgrade the firmware in the field. Is it possible to access
the fis commands from eCos? Or should I be using the flash_read and
flash_program from the flash API supplied by eCos?

Thanks in advance
Paul Magee

* [ECOS] PC DISK PCI Info
@ 2007-06-29 13:28 ` Steve West
From: Steve West @ 2007-06-29 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hello,

    How does the eCos PC build get the PCI parameters for the IDE disk. Is
this passed through the BIOS? I could not find where the DISK driver gets
the PCI info.

Steve

* Re: [ECOS] PC DISK PCI Info
@ 2007-06-29 15:28   ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2007-06-29 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve West; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 06:33:08AM -0400, Steve West wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    How does the eCos PC build get the PCI parameters for the IDE disk. Is
> this passed through the BIOS? I could not find where the DISK driver gets
> the PCI info.

I presume you are talking about IDE drives?

The HAL needs to export a few macros, HAL_IDE_READ_UINT8,
HAL_IDE_WRITE_UINT8, HAL_IDE_WRITE_CONTROL etc.

The pcmb IDE macros just look at the usual address for IDE
controllers.

The file packages/hal/arm/xscale/picasso/current/src/picasso_ide.c

might give you ideas for a PCI IDE controller.

      Andrew