* [ECOS] Clarification
@ 2000-11-14  0:54 Veerraju, Yeluduti (CTS)
From: Veerraju, Yeluduti (CTS) @ 2000-11-14  0:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,
  I am veerraju,working as software engineer in Teelcom field.
  What is the system call or API in ecos to get a character from keyboard?
  I used getchar() function but it is not working.
  So could any body help in this?

Thanks & Regards,
Y.VEERRAJU
Associate
Telecom Software Group
Cognizant Technology Solutions
Elnet Software City
Taramani
Chennai - 113.

Phone : +91-44-254 1281 Extn: 4508 (Office)
	+91-44-483 4787 (Residence)
Fax	: +91-44-254 1282
Email : vyeludut@chn.cts-corp.com
http://www.cognizant.com/

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use
of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and
destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure,
dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in
reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

		Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com

* Re: [ECOS] Clarification
@ 2000-12-05 19:45 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-12-05 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Veerraju, Yeluduti (CTS); +Cc: ecos-discuss

"Veerraju, Yeluduti (CTS)" wrote:

> Hi,
>   I am veerraju,working as software engineer in Teelcom field.
>   What is the system call or API in ecos to get a character from keyboard?
>   I used getchar() function but it is not working.
>   So could any body help in this?

getchar() should work in general. But on some platforms you should set the
device which stdio uses for stdin to a serial driver such as /dev/tty0.
Ensure you enable the serial drivers. The configuration option in stdio is
named CYGDAT_LIBC_STDIO_DEFAULT_CONSOLE

One other case in which it doesn't work is that you can't use it when using
the serial connection to talk to GDB. Mixing serial I/O and the debug
protocol just doesn't work well.

What target is this anyway?

Jifl