* RE: [ECOS] help on aeb-1
@ 2001-01-18  2:58 ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2001-01-18  2:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Natarajan, Mekala (CTS); +Cc: 'Jesper Skov', ecos-discuss

>>>>> "Natarajan," == Natarajan, Mekala (CTS) <NMekala@chn.cognizant.com> writes:

Natarajan,> what is the difference between download command and
Natarajan,> flashwrite command..

Donwload downloads, flashwrite writes to the flash. You should read
the AEB board/monitor manual.

Jesper

* RE: [ECOS] help on aeb-1
@ 2001-01-18 20:34 Natarajan, Mekala (CTS)
From: Natarajan, Mekala (CTS) @ 2001-01-18 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Jesper Skov'; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hi
Thanks to ecos-discuss mailing list..
  i tried the transfer text file option..downloading was successful...then
i did flashwrite 40018000 C000 8000
and gave rommodules
i could not find ecos stub at that location..

what is the difference between download command and flashwrite command..

when we give download C000 does it mean downloading into flash and then why
separate
flashwrite command..

i am new to flash programming area..

kindly help on this..

regards,mekala

Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

		Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com

* RE: [ECOS] help on aeb-1
@ 2001-01-17  6:20   ` Robert Cragie
From: Robert Cragie @ 2001-01-17  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Natarajan, Mekala (CTS); +Cc: ecos-discuss

Use Transfer->Send Text File...

* RE: [ECOS] help on aeb-1
       [not found] <8F1D166D08ACD41196EE00B0D020944B68B56C@CTSINENTSXUB>
@ 2001-01-17  5:55 ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2001-01-17  5:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Natarajan, Mekala (CTS); +Cc: ecos-discuss

@ 2001-01-17  3:07   ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2001-01-17  3:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Cragie; +Cc: Natarajan, Mekala (CTS), ecos-discuss

Robert> 1) You may need an S-record file not a .img file. 'objdump'
Robert> can be used to get an S-record file from a .img file.  2) .UU
Robert> on the end - could this be uuencoding? You certainly don't
Robert> want that either.

The AEB _does_ download uuencoded images.

Jesper

* RE: [ECOS] help on aeb-1
@ 2001-01-17  2:20 ` Robert Cragie
From: Robert Cragie @ 2001-01-17  2:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Natarajan, Mekala (CTS), ecos-discuss

> Hi,
>     i am using AEB-1evaluation board..
> How do i download the ecos gdb stub for arm aeb-1 to the flash..
> i am using hyperterminal to connect to board..
>
> The steps which i followed
>
> 1. new connection->aeb
> 2. baud rate->9600
>     flowcontrol->none
> 3.ARM Evaluation Board Boot Monitor 0.01 (19 APR 1998)
> 	Press ENTER within 2 seconds to stop autoboot
>
> Press ENTER quickly, and you will get the boot prompt:
>
> 	Boot:download c000
> Ready to download. Use 'transmit' option on terminal emulator to download
> file.
>
> then i selected the transfer receive file menu and tried to download
> /loaders/aeb-1/gdb_module.img.UU

I have not used the AEB-1, but I have successfully downloaded to the ARM
Integrator using its boot monitor.

1) You may need an S-record file not a .img file. 'objdump' can be used to
get an S-record file from a .img file.
2) .UU on the end - could this be uuencoding? You certainly don't want that
either.
3) You may need to enable XON/XOFF flow control in Hyperterminal

HTH

Robert Cragie
Design Engineer
Jennic Ltd.
Furnival Street
Sheffield
S1 4QT
United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0) 114 281 4512
Fax: +44 (0) 114 281 2951
mailto:rcc@jennic.com
http://www.jennic.com

@ 2001-01-17  1:58 ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2001-01-17  1:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Natarajan, Mekala (CTS); +Cc: 'ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com'

Natarajan,> then i selected the transfer receive file menu and tried
Natarajan,> to download /loaders/aeb-1/gdb_module.img.UU

Natarajan,> connection timed out..

Is that an ASCII download command? It has to be - not x/y/z modem,
kermit, or whatever other protocols are supported.

There may also be an issue with the image used - they have unix line
endings. I'm not sure how to change that to DOS line endings on
WinDOS, but that might be worth trying.

Jesper

* [ECOS] help on aeb-1
@ 2001-01-16 22:28 Natarajan, Mekala (CTS)