* [ECOS] Building eCos.
@ 2014-04-02 19:52 kalibar6
From: kalibar6 @ 2014-04-02 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all,

I am trying to play a bit with eCos on STM32F4 Discovery board. I am
working under Ubuntu 12.04 (32bit). I know that in downloaded binaries
there is no support for this platform. I have to download source files from
CVS repository and compile them myself. OK. I have downloaded them:

cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:/cvs/ecos co -P ecos
cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:/cvs/ecos co -P host

System variable $ECOS_REPOSITORY has been set up to my downloaded files:
/home/kalbar/CVS_repo/ecos_host/packages

Now after multiple approaches I can't get this thing fully compiled and
installed. In main source folder I have created folder 'build' and run
configure script and make and install:

/home/kalbar/CVS_repo/ecos_host/configure
--prefix=/home/kalbar/CVS_repo/ecos_host/build --with-tcl=/usr/lib/tcl8.4
--with-tk=/usr/lib/tk8.4
make
sudo make install

Some files are getting compiled/build but not all of them. There is still
lack of GUI for eCos configuration and package for for my board does not
seem to build. I would really appreciate some help on this matter as I have
spend quite a lot of time on this and got stuck in dead end with no help
from README files nor google.

* AW: [ECOS] Building eCos.
@ 2014-04-03 10:11 ` Richard Rauch
From: Richard Rauch @ 2014-04-03 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'kalibar6', ecos-discuss

Hello,

you prefer to work with Linux development host?
I think, I could provide a solution under Windows, but not with Linux.

Best Regards

Richard
Richard Rauch
ITR GmbH Informationstechnologie Rauch
web:   	http://www.itrgmbh.de

* [ECOS] Re: Building eCos.
@ 2014-04-03 18:02 ` John Dallaway
From: John Dallaway @ 2014-04-03 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kalibar6; +Cc: eCos Discussion

Hi

Since you are new to eCos, I would suggest downloading the latest
snapshot build of the eCos Configuration Tool for Linux hosts. Ref:

  http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2011-02/msg00031.html

You might also download the arm-eabi test release toolchain. Ref:

  https://www.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2012-06/msg00047.html

In the eCos Configuration Tool, set the eCos repository location (Build
>> Repository) as follows:

  /home/kalbar/CVS_repo/ecos_host

(this is the folder containing the "packages" folder)

You should then see the eCos configuration tree.

Select the STM32F4-Discovery hardware template (Build >> Templates).

Select the location of your arm-eabi toolchain "bin" folder containing
arm-eabi-gcc (Tools >> Paths >> Build Tools).

You should then be able to build eCos.

I hope this helps...

John Dallaway
eCos maintainer
http://www.dallaway.org.uk/john

@ 2014-04-03 22:11   ` kalibar6
From: kalibar6 @ 2014-04-03 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Dallaway, ecos-discuss

Wow! That was so easy and solved the problem. I still do not know why I could not compile the whole thing but it does not matter anymore.

Thanks John.

Dnia 3 kwietnia 2014 20:02 John Dallaway <john@dallaway.org.uk> napisał(a):

> Hi
>
> Since you are new to eCos, I would suggest downloading the latest
> snapshot build of the eCos Configuration Tool for Linux hosts. Ref:
>
>   http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2011-02/msg00031.html
>
> You might also download the arm-eabi test release toolchain. Ref:
>
>   https://www.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2012-06/msg00047.html
>
> In the eCos Configuration Tool, set the eCos repository location (Build
> >> Repository) as follows:
>
>   /home/kalbar/CVS_repo/ecos_host
>
> (this is the folder containing the "packages" folder)
>
> You should then see the eCos configuration tree.
>
> Select the STM32F4-Discovery hardware template (Build >> Templates).
>
> Select the location of your arm-eabi toolchain "bin" folder containing
> arm-eabi-gcc (Tools >> Paths >> Build Tools).
>
> You should then be able to build eCos.
>
> I hope this helps...
>
> John Dallaway
> eCos maintainer
> http://www.dallaway.org.uk/john

* Re: [ECOS] Building ecos
@ 2001-11-15  4:50     ` Julian Smart
From: Julian Smart @ 2001-11-15  4:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: RolandKane, ecos-discuss

It could be that you're using a newer version of Cygwin that no longer recognises the //c notation. Please try the newer version of ecosconfig which can be found on the ftp site, inside the archive containing the updated Windows-only Configuration Tool. Sorry, I'm having trouble accessing the eCos pages right now so I can't give the exact URL.

Regards,

Julian

--
Red Hat UK Ltd, Unit 200 Rustat House, 62 Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. CB1 7EG Tel: +44 (1223) 271063

* [ECOS] Building ecos
@ 2001-11-14 20:36   ` RolandKane
From: RolandKane @ 2001-11-14 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

[...]

* RE: [ECOS] Building eCos
       [not found] <200003011700.e21H0Aq62955@smtp.abac.com>
@ 2000-03-01 10:24 ` John Finley
From: John Finley @ 2000-03-01 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Discussion List

> Is anyone building eCos under UNIX ?
>
> If so, is there any documentation that describes how to do this.
>
> If I try to use pkgconf.tcl to configure a build tree I just get:
>
> % gmake
> makefile:9: pkgconf/pkgconf.mak: No such file or directory
> gmake: *** No rule to make target `pkgconf/pkgconf.mak'. Stop.
>
> Robert Swindells
> GenRad Ltd

I think I tried that and decided it was a line-ending
thing. After dos2unixing all the source and make files,
that went away but a different bunch of errors started
popping up. It was as if there was a '\r' at the end of
some of the filenames, so make couldn't find them.

I never did get a full build on Unix, but didn't try
all that hard, since I'm just evaluating this stuff in
my "spare" time. I think my sources at the time were the
latest anoncvs ones (about a week ago), although I might
have been using the ones off the sourceware CD.

John

* Re: [ECOS] Building eCos
       [not found] <200003011701.JAA18830@cygnus.com>
@ 2000-03-01  9:27 ` Bart Veer
From: Bart Veer @ 2000-03-01  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rjs; +Cc: ecos-discuss

    Robert> Is anyone building eCos under UNIX ?

Yes. Most of the core eCos developers have been running various
versions of Red Hat Linux since the project began. Quite a few
application developers also use some flavour of Unix.

http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ecos/docs-1.2.1/guides/user-guides/manual-configuration.html

    Robert> If I try to use pkgconf.tcl to configure a build tree I
    Robert> just get:

    Robert> % gmake
    Robert> makefile:9: pkgconf/pkgconf.mak: No such file or directory
    Robert> gmake: *** No rule to make target `pkgconf/pkgconf.mak'. Stop.

It looks like the toplevel makefile was generated correctly, but your
build tree should also contain a pkgconf sub-directory and the
pkgconf.mak file.

Please check the documentation I mentioned above. If that does not
help, please let me know the following:

1) your OS
2) the version of Tcl you are using
3) any output that pkgconf.tcl generates
4) what your build tree looks like after running pkgconf.tcl

It may be better to email me directly, I suspect the gory details are
not going to be particularly interesting for most people on the
mailing list.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer

* Re: [ECOS] Building eCos
       [not found] <200003011700.JAA18722@cygnus.com>
@ 2000-03-01  9:14 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-03-01  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rjs; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Robert Swindells wrote:

> Is anyone building eCos under UNIX ?
>
> If so, is there any documentation that describes how to do this.
>
> If I try to use pkgconf.tcl to configure a build tree I just get:
>
> % gmake
> makefile:9: pkgconf/pkgconf.mak: No such file or directory
> gmake: *** No rule to make target `pkgconf/pkgconf.mak'. Stop.

What was the output of running pkgconf.tcl and how did you invoke it?

Jifl

* [ECOS] Building eCos
@ 2000-03-01  8:59 Robert Swindells