* [ECOS] lwIP for eCos (LPC1768)
@ 2013-05-15 15:02 EnneGi
From: EnneGi @ 2013-05-15 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all, i'm in trouble with lwIP. I'm trying the examples of lwIP for eCos SO
on my board (LPC1768 , a cortexM board). I found any examples of lwIP in
eCos repository

(you find it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fn1qp2pt70sfnw2/tests.zip )

in particular, I try the httpd_simple.c example. It compiles and works on my
board, but I can't test it with a connection by ethernet between board and
pc. My computer doesn't link to a board.

I set a static ip address by configtools, but it doesn't works.
My question is:
how can I test httpd_simple?

Thanks.

* [ECOS] Re: lwIP for eCos (LPC1768)
@ 2013-05-15 15:33 ` Felix R
From: Felix R @ 2013-05-15 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

EnneGi wrote
>  My computer doesn't link to a board.

Is the Speed negotiated? Could you give us your Terminal output?
I had the same issue with a USB to Ethernet Adapter. I had to unplug and
plug the adapter before the link worked, each time i started the http simple
demo.

* Re: [ECOS] Re: lwIP for eCos (LPC1768)
@ 2013-05-15 15:35   ` Michael Jones
From: Michael Jones @ 2013-05-15 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Felix R; +Cc: ecos-discuss

You may want to run WireShark on the PC and see what the packets are doing.

@ 2013-05-15 15:50     ` EnneGi
From: EnneGi @ 2013-05-15 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

thanks! so, I must use wireshark for establish the connection?

* [ECOS] Re: lwIP for eCos (LPC1768)
@ 2013-05-15 15:50   ` EnneGi
From: EnneGi @ 2013-05-15 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

thanks for reply!
via debug port (uart0) I have this output:

INFO:<Testing httpd>
INFO:<Initializing lwIP>
igmp_init: initializing

LPC2XXX_ETH: Initialising 0x50000000
LPC2XXX_ETH - Warning! ESA unknown
LPC2XXX_ETH: 12:34:56:78:9a:bc
INFO:<Initializing pcb>
INFO:<Create pcb>
tcp_bind: bind to port 80
INFO:<Running>
tcp_slowtmr: no active pcbs
tcp_slowtmr: no active pcbs
tcp_slowtmr: no active pcbs
tcp_slowtmr: no active pcbs
tcp_slowtmr: no active pcbs
tcp_slowtmr: no active pcbs
tcp_slowtmr: no active pcbs
tcp_slowtmr: no active pcbs
tcp_slowtmr: no active pcbs
tcp_slowtmr: no active pcbs
etharp_timer
tcp_slowtmr: no active pcbs
tcp_slowtmr: no active pcbs
(this is repeated)

I link the board to LAN port of my computer, but the computer doesn't
establish the connection...

* Re: [ECOS] lwIP for eCos (LPC1768)
@ 2013-05-15 17:41       ` Michael Jones
From: Michael Jones @ 2013-05-15 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: EnneGi; +Cc: ecos-discuss

It is a spy tool that lets you see the packets when debugging problems.

@ 2013-05-15 19:20         ` EnneGi
From: EnneGi @ 2013-05-15 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

ok...so, how can it helps me?

* [ECOS] Re: lwIP for eCos (LPC1768)
@ 2013-05-16  7:57           ` Felix R
From: Felix R @ 2013-05-16  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Testing httpd
Initializing lwIP
igmp_init: initializing
*data->link_speed = 100*
netif_set_ipaddr: netif address being changed
netif: IP address of interface  set to 192.168.1.222
netif: netmask of interface  set to 255.255.255.0
netif: GW address of interface  set to 192.168.1.1
netif: added interface et IP addr 192.168.1.222 netmask 255.255.255.0 gw
192.168.1.1
netif: setting default interface et
et0: IP: 192.168.1.222 Submask: 255.255.255.0 Gateway: 192.168.1.1
etharp_request: sending ARP request.
pbuf_alloc(length=42)
pbuf_alloc(length=42) == 0x0015dce0
etharp_raw: sending raw ARP packet.
pbuf_free(0x0015dce0)
pbuf_free: deallocating 0x0015dce0
Initializing tcb
tcp_bind: bind to port 80
Running
pbuf_alloc(length=60)
pbuf_alloc: allocated pbuf 0x001627c8
pbuf_alloc(length=60) == 0x001627c8

for me, it looks like this. Dont mind all the debug information.
Yours uses bind_tcp before the link is even up. You are missing the marked
line an i guess before that there is no communication visible to wireshark.
Try disable/enable unplug/plug you netwok adapter or using a switch.

* [ECOS] Re: lwIP for eCos (LPC1768)
@ 2013-05-16 10:35             ` EnneGi
From: EnneGi @ 2013-05-16 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Sorry, can you post your code please? It's important for me...I must see if
your code is different...

Thanks a lot!

* [ECOS] Re: lwIP for eCos (LPC1768)
@ 2013-05-16 11:08               ` Felix R
From: Felix R @ 2013-05-16 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

httpd_simple.c
<http://sourceware-org.1504.n7.nabble.com/file/n232132/httpd_simple.c>

Here you go. I think i did not edit anything.

* [ECOS] Re: lwIP for eCos (LPC1768)
@ 2013-05-16 12:52                 ` EnneGi
From: EnneGi @ 2013-05-16 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

ok thanks! So, how do you link the board to your pc?

* [ECOS] Re: lwIP for eCos (LPC1768)
@ 2013-05-17  7:16                   ` Felix R
From: Felix R @ 2013-05-17  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I just run the Software and connect the Network cable.

Depening on your hardware you might have to use a twisted pair cable or a
switch. Another possibility is, that your network controller isnt workin
correctly.

* Re: [ECOS] Re: lwIP for eCos (LPC1768)
@ 2013-05-17  7:33                     ` Ilija Kocho
From: Ilija Kocho @ 2013-05-17  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: EnneGi; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On 17.05.2013 09:16, Felix R wrote:
> I just run the Software and connect the Network cable.
>
> Depening on your hardware you might have to use a twisted pair cable or a
> switch. Another possibility is, that your network controller isnt workin
> correctly.

I assume that you are using Olimex LPC1766 platform or something derived
from that. Then it should work on LPC1768 provided that other hardware
is compatible. Let's check other components. Check Ethernet PHY on your
board against platform. Does it fit?

I hope this helps.

Ilija

@ 2013-05-17 10:43                       ` EnneGi
From: EnneGi @ 2013-05-17 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Yes, I used lpc1766 template. Ethernet PHY is abilited by configtool; what
must I change? Lpc1766 architecture is complitely compatible with lpc1768...

* Re: [ECOS] Re: lwIP for eCos (LPC1768)
@ 2013-05-17 10:54                         ` Ilija Kocho
From: Ilija Kocho @ 2013-05-17 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: EnneGi; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On 17.05.2013 12:43, EnneGi wrote:
> Yes, I used lpc1766 template. Ethernet PHY is abilited by configtool; what
> must I change? Lpc1766 architecture is complitely compatible with lpc1768...

PHY is a separate chip that physically couples Ethernet MAC (on chip)
with Ethernet physical Tx and Rx signals. Check if the one on your board
is same as the one selected in configtool, and if necessary select other.

Ilija