* [ECOS] A work-in-progress server for eCos modules
@ 2008-03-12  8:02 Øyvind Harboe
From: Øyvind Harboe @ 2008-03-12  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Disuss

There is a genunine need for a work-in-progress collaboration
repository.

E.g. there are *LOTS* of improvements to athttpd that's currently
in purgatory(waiting for the paperwork to clear), but merging code needs
to continue while this happens. Clearing paperwork can take
*months*. The official eCos repository has a high standard w.r.t.
having all the paperwork right w.r.t. licensing, which is one of
it's great features, although this can be a bit annoying when
trying to "get things done".

We've been using a subversion server at www.ecosforge.net.

Obviously we didn't want to run awry with any policies and we did
discuss this on the list beforehand.

We've taken down the web pages from www.ecosforge.net and there
is now only an svn server, which is not secret nor advertised
anywhere:

http://www.ecosforge.net/ecosforge/

--
Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com - eCos ARM & FPGA developer kit

* RE: [ECOS] A work-in-progress server for eCos modules
@ 2008-03-12  9:56 ` Steven Clugston
From: Steven Clugston @ 2008-03-12  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Disuss

>We've taken down the web pages from www.ecosforge.net and
>there is now only an svn server, which is not secret nor advertised
>anywhere:
>
>http://www.ecosforge.net/ecosforge/

What was the reason for taking down the web pages, a tradmark infringement?
It seems a shame as it looked like a certain amount of thought and effort had gone into it.

Steven

* [ECOS] A work-in-progress server for eCos modules
@ 2008-03-13 21:40 Øyvind Harboe
From: Øyvind Harboe @ 2008-03-13 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: steven.clugston, ecos-discuss

>  >We've taken down the web pages from www.ecosforge.net and
>  >there is now only an svn server, which is not secret nor advertised
>  >anywhere:
>  >
>  >http://www.ecosforge.net/ecosforge/
>
>  What was the reason for taking down the web pages, a tradmark infringement?

It was a dog(slooooow). So now we've uninstalled the slow software and
installed a wiki instead. I think there is a .gif file that needs to be deleted
on the server.

>  It seems a shame as it looked like a certain amount of thought and effort had gone into it.

Nothing that exciting I'm afraid. :-) We just need a server to host
work in progress on. The ultimate goal is to move code back to
eCos official repository when quality and paperwork allows it.

Anyone who has work-in-progress for eCos is welcome to
ask for an account, we're not too picky, though if ecos-patches
wants the work, then it doesn't belong on www.ecosforge.net.

There are some things which I guess don't belong in eCos, like
a tweaked lrzsz that works around line-end hell in Cygwin :-)
If someone had some GPL code, then the official eCos repository
also wouldn't be interested, but it might still be useful to
have a home for it. There isn't any GPL code on www.ecosforge.net
now.