* [ECOS] TCP/IP stack performance
@ 2007-04-10  9:09 Neeraja
From: Neeraja @ 2007-04-10  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,
      I am working on AT91RM9200 board.  The TCP/IP stack is working
perfectly fine with this board.
     But the problem is that at times the ping reply is taking very
long(some 3 to 4 seconds) which usually will be only 2 or 3ms and is also
timing out in between when it is taking long time to reply back. But the
good thing is that
the TCP/IP stack is not dying completely and is slowly resuming back to
normal after some time( that is it is getting the ping reply within 2 t0 3
ms).
      Why is this happening and is there any way that the performance can be
improved?
     Anyone suggestions regrading this could be of great help.

Thanks & Regards,
Neeraja.

* Re: [ECOS] TCP/IP stack performance
       [not found] <8CD24E93421F43418C83F16E9342D0340B40D0@nt-email.TELEVIC.COM>
@ 2007-04-14 10:12 ` Jürgen Lambrecht
From: Jürgen Lambrecht @ 2007-04-14 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ecos-discuss

The TCP/IP stack uses threads with the priorities listed below. Maybe
you use the same priorities in your application?

      1.12 ecos default priorities

Priorities go from 0 to 31

*priority name* 	*default* 	*own* 	*stack name* 	*default* 	*own*
CYGSEM_KERNEL_SYNCH_MUTEX_PRIORITY_INVERSION_PROTOCOL_DEFAULT_PRIORITY 	0

CYGPKG_NET_FAST_THREAD_PRIORITY 	6 	~
CYGPKG_NET_THREAD_PRIORITY 	7 	~
CYGPKG_NET_DHCP_THREAD_PRIORITY 	8
CYGINT_NET_IPV6_ROUTING_THREAD_PRIORITY 	8
CYGNUM_LIBC_MAIN_THREAD_PRIORITY  	10  	8
CYGNUM_LIBC_MAIN_DEFAULT_STACK_SIZE 	8192 	~
CYGPKG_NET_TFTPD_THREAD_PRIORITY 	10 	9
CYGPKG_NET_TFTPD_THREAD_STACK_SIZE 	3948 	4096
  	  	  	CYGNUM_HAL_COMMON_INTERRUPTS_STACK_SIZE 	4096 	~

CYGNUM_JFFS2_GC_THREAD_PRIORITY 	30
idle thread 	31

--
Jürgen Lambrecht