* RE: [ECOS] memory layout help
@ 2005-09-06 19:58 Ben Beasley
From: Ben Beasley @ 2005-09-06 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: eCos Discussion

The target device is an ARM946 core with some internal memory (64KB).
The requirement is based on the need to be able to put the chip into a
low power state.  When it wakes from that state, execution starts at the
first location of this internal memory block.  This code runs internally
(without the OS) and decides whether to power up fully (bring up the OS
and chip peripherals).  So, we need to be able to make sure all of the
necessary code is located in this internal RAM, plus make sure that the
first instruction of the start-up routine is located at the beginning of
this block, and we also have a register set that needs to be located
starting at a know internal address - this to be used for communication
between the low power code and the normal operating mode code.

Ben

From: Gary Thomas @ 2005-09-06 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Beasley; +Cc: eCos Discussion

On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 12:20 -0700, Ben Beasley wrote:
> Hi -
> I'm building a code set that needs to be compiled and linked such that a
> few specific routines have their entry points located at specific memory
> addresses.  I think this should be possible by editing the target.ld,
> along with some other steps (perhaps use of #pragmas?).  The
> compilation/linking tool I'm using is cygwin.  Any suggestions as to how
> this can be done?

What platform/target are you using?

Why do you need specific addresses?  Can you elaborate a little?

* [ECOS] memory layout help
@ 2005-09-06 19:21 Ben Beasley