* RE: [ECOS] RedBoot: Restarting a program without reseting the target
@ 2000-11-07 10:44 Fabrice Gautier
From: Fabrice Gautier @ 2000-11-07 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Jonathan Larmour', Fabrice Gautier; +Cc: Ecos-List (E-mail)

When I use kill (or quit by the way), the target reset but gdb hangs.

--
Fabrice Gautier
fabrice_gautier@sdesigns.com

* Re: [ECOS] RedBoot: Restarting a program without reseting the target
@ 2000-11-06 19:17 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-11-06 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Gautier; +Cc: Ecos-List (E-mail)

Fabrice Gautier wrote:

> I was wondering if it is actually possible to stop a program and restart it
> without the need to reset the target and redboot.
> For now, when i want to restart the program I have to reset everything.
>
> Do you think there is some chance to implement this feature?

Use the "kill" command in gdb when the target is stopped (by ctrl-c). That
will reset it target for you. Of course the hardware may be in a funny
state, so no guarantees you get something sensible.

> And what is supposed to happen when using Redboot to run a program I hit a
> ctrl-C? For now with my i386 target, redboot sends a T packet as if there
> was a gdb listenning. I would like to have back the Redboot shell when I hit
> ctrl-C....

Over to Gary.

Jifl

* [ECOS] RedBoot: Restarting a program without reseting the target
@ 2000-11-06 18:40 Fabrice Gautier